Paul Lambert

limpid

he spoke well of villa to be fair, not as bad as some say. didnt come across as bitter

Other than his usual little swipe at fans with his claim that "everyone expects Villa to be finishing sixth or seventh" you mean?

Not one fan expected Lambert to finish in the top-seven. He was turned on for not being able to break the cycle of relegation dogfights and rightly so.

he spoke well of villa to be fair, not as bad as some say. didnt come across as bitter

I didn't get this impression, so I watched it again.

He praised Randy a couple of times and Faulkner once.

Didn't mention Tom Fox.

Said " everyone expected top 6, 7 etc" (incredibly insulting to most fans, who actually significantly lowered their expectations and gave him time well into his third year when we were abysmal ).

Made much, with the help of the presenter, of little he had to work with financially, never mentioned the support he got from the fans for so long.....

I don't think I'd call that speaking well of us at all.

In fact when you add it to the rest of what he said I've gone from being a reluctant critic who hoped for the best for him to totally anti.

Lambert basically just echos the Villa related clichés rolled out by every manager (i.e. massive club, great club etc) but for whatever reason he gets extra adulation for saying it. I personally find absolute nothing likeable about him, he is gormless, gutless and deluded.

• Like 4

I'd have had a lot more time for him if he'd said something along the lines of..."I thought we did OK considering everything for the first two years, I really thought we could push on, as we had good players, as you can see, but I think the hard efforts of those two years took a toll on me, on all of us, and maybe it became more difficult than it should to get top performances out of the players,and maybe out of myself, but I wish the Club, the fans, and the Manager well.

But he didn't.

Nowhere near.

• Like 1

Other than his usual little swipe at fans with his claim that "everyone expects Villa to be finishing sixth or seventh" you mean?
Isn't that exactly what Sherwood has said?

Isn't that exactly what Sherwood has said?

Where? The context was probably different. In Lambert's case he has done it a few times before, like that time he berated our "unrealistic expectations".

I didn't hear the interview. But didn't Sherwood say not so long ago that people expect villa to finish 6th or 7th?

When Lambert said it it was a case of "people are deluded if they think we should be finishing there". If Tim said it I've no doubt it was more "this club SHOULD be finishing there"

Massive difference

Someone at the Sherwood press conference said that Lambert almost sacked Grealish at one point. No idea how true that is but ridiculous if so. 

He really lost his way here. I backed him for longer than I probably should have. I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes next but thank f*ck he's gone.

• Like 1

Â