Paul Lambert

limpid

I'd love to know what he worked on for 2 and half years. How can a team look so different?

Thank God we decided to get rid. We'd be relegated by now if we'd given him more time.

There was a lot of running round cones and 5-a-side sessions that anyone could put on in the last year.

Premier League club, Sunday morning training. No wonder we struggled.

tbf it wasn't exactly a difficult one. This is a man who tried to replace Benteke with Ricky Lambert. That alone speaks volumes

He basically deduced that the reason we were not scoring goals was because the strikers weren't performing well enough, not that there was something fundamentally broken in the attacking set-up. Such an imbecile.

• Like 4

Best decision Randy ever made sacking him.

Is it? Or was it appointing Sherwood? I'm inclined to think it was the latter. Lambert had to go, but Lerner could've easily got the appointment wrong.

I still can't quite work out what's happened. There's no doubt we were under-performing under Lambert, but we're arguably playing some of the best football in years with Sherwood. Has it simply been a case of Sherwood bringing us up to the level we should've been at anyway or is he doing a particularly good job that few others could've done?

Lambert signed some great players for not much money in his time here.

Be interested to see if our scouting network lends a helping hand to Tim this Summer as I think they did some good work alongside Lambert.

• Like 1

Best decision Randy ever made sacking him.

Is it? Or was it appointing Sherwood? I'm inclined to think it was the latter. Lambert had to go, but Lerner could've easily got the appointment wrong.

I still can't quite work out what's happened. There's no doubt we were under-performing under Lambert, but we're arguably playing some of the best football in years with Sherwood. Has it simply been a case of Sherwood bringing us up to the level we should've been at anyway or is he doing a particularly good job that few others could've done?

I think the appointment of sherwood and sacking lambert was more down to fox.

• Like 2

Has it simply been a case of Sherwood bringing us up to the level we should've been at anyway or is he doing a particularly good job that few others could've done?

I think we're playing at the level we should be playing at, but that's not to knock sherwood who had a monstrous task to come in and get the players actually believing they were good enough to play at that level

This is a man who tried to replace Benteke with Ricky Lambert.

You don't have to make stuff up to criticise Lambert about.
Ok then. This is the man who benched Christian Benteke and played Weimann and Gabby up front instead
  • Like 1

Ok then. This is the man who benched Christian Benteke and played Weimann and Gabby up front instead

Benteke deserved to be benched for the way he was playing, however he was playing that way because Lambert was not very good at setting a team up

• Like 1

Benteke deserved to be benched for the way he was playing, however he was playing that way because Lambert was not very good at setting a team up
I agree

Agree with the previous post, I think it was Fox who convinced Randy to get rid of Lambert.

Fox more or less confirmed this when he spoke about it, saying how he had to make a very difficult phone call to Randy. Lambert also confirmed it by thanking just about everyone except Tom Fox in his departing speech.

To be fair to Randy, this is why he has appointed CEO's, footballing men to make these decisions. I don't blame him (or praise him) much for anything these days. He has an input into the agenda but that is about it, IMO.

I actually think Faulkner got away with it with us rather easily.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Faulkner used to take a shit load of abuse for no reason because nobody knew what his job was. He put MON in his place regarding finances and probably would have sacked Lambert given the chance

Based on what? Because Fox has seemingly had no bother making decisions. Are you saying Faulkner wasn't given the power to do the same? Again, what are you basing that on? 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

He sacked McLeish for a start who he brought in and he could have kept him on in a stubborn way of keeping face. I think he would have probably sacked Lambert this season like Fox did but we will never know

Â