Paul Lambert

limpid

I heard the TS interview this morning.

I did have to chuckle when he was reeling off all the clubs he'd visited "Dortmund, Real Madrid, coffee with Pep at Munich". All these coaches when they're out of work always visit these clubs....and yet when they come back in their style of play is always the same as the football that got them the sack.

Or indeed if they do change it's to catastrophic consequences like when Lambert changed our style over xmas.

I highly doubt we'll ever see him in the Premier League again. He'll get a decent Championship gig, fail, then fade away.

Might be willing to do a bet if he gets a championship gig next season he'll get that team promoted within three seasons.

He did very good work at Norwich after all.

I highly doubt we'll ever see him in the Premier League again. He'll get a decent Championship gig, fail, then fade away.

Tenner to VT we do.

Deal.

I think Norwich was just a one-off and based on a wave of momentum. He proved with us to be a fraud and a outright chancer. Frankly I don't think there is any department he is strong in (tactics, coaching, motivating etc.) and I see no basis to believe Norwich will be repeated. Especially without the original team around him.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Maybe so but I think if he gets in with a Forest or Fulham who have a bit of money to spend (maybe Sheffield Wednesday aswell with their takeover) I'd be surprised after a period of time if he hasn't got those teams to at least a play off spot.

Was going to say Leeds aswell but Cellino would sack him after about 5 minutes.

Ian Holloway has two promotions from that league so I'd say lambert would be capable of matching that. It's a league where defensive chaos is par for the course.

Because if you're out of action for too long, you're not going to get that premier league job.

His best bet is trying to get back in as soon as possible. Every game that goes by is damaging his reputation (which is why I guess his agent has him speaking to the media to get his excuses out there) I could see him being easily forgotten by the premier league if he's out the game for a while.

Too long? What. 3 months?

Yeah I'm sure he's really desperate. No manager has ever gotten a job after being out of the game for 3 months.

:crylaugh:

Edited by Stevo985

Tenner to VT we do.

Deal.

I think Norwich was just a one-off and based on a wave of momentum. He proved with us to be a fraud and a outright chancer. Frankly I don't think there is any department he is strong in (tactics, coaching, motivating etc.) and I see no basis to believe Norwich will be repeated. Especially without the original team around him.

I don't agree. The Villa job ended up being too big for him but that doesn't make him a bad manager. He signed some very good players for not a lot of money. 

Because if you're out of action for too long, you're not going to get that premier league job.

His best bet is trying to get back in as soon as possible. Every game that goes by is damaging his reputation (which is why I guess his agent has him speaking to the media to get his excuses out there) I could see him being easily forgotten by the premier league if he's out the game for a while.

Yeah I'm sure he's really desperate. No manager has ever gotten a job after being out of the game for 3 months.

:unsure: Not sure I said that.  Reading something that's not there and laughing to yourself.  Good luck with that.

Oh and thanks Paul for being so bad that we could finally get rid.  Now time to go back to enjoying supporting villa again.

:unsure: Not sure I said that. Reading something that's not there and laughing to yourself. Good luck with that.

Oh and thanks Paul for being so bad that we could finally get rid. Now time to go back to enjoying supporting villa again.

You said he was getting desperate. That implies he's worried about getting another job, unless you have a different definition of desperate?

Getting your name out there, which he may be doing, is hugely different from getting desperate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe he just liked him as a person. Would that actually be such a crime?

Not a crime but makes me wonder if the poster is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome!  :D

He presided over the worst football at Villa most of us can ever remember and while I don't harbour any ill feelings against the man on a personal level (I'm sure he is a decent chap), no other football club or fans should have to suffer his appalling, insipid, eye bleedingly awful brand of 'football' ever again. Apart from small heath. Or Newcastle. 

• Like 3

Â