Paul Lambert

limpid

he's not going anywhere, absolutely no danger, reading the reports of yesterdays game theres a bit of criticism as to how poor we are but he's not under pressure from journos i tweeted henry winter about his record, they simply don't care, the likes of collymore and yorke have been moaning but we / they dont get the coverage required for that to gain momentum, sky have a giggle at us every week but they arent putting him under pressure, the protest was a waste of time because it was the wrong game (10k more people there than the game before made it look like nothing happened) and the better fan brigade inside VP means that there still hasnt been a real good pop at him during a game

i dont think he's under pressure, lots of vitriol on message boards and social media but nothing during games, he gets away with murder, he timed his fans booing having a negative effect on the team to perfection 

Lose against Hull and it'll start at the next home game. Fans won't be to patient after that.

he's not going anywhere, absolutely no danger, reading the reports of yesterdays game theres a bit of criticism as to how poor we are but he's not under pressure from journos i tweeted henry winter about his record, they simply don't care, the likes of collymore and yorke have been moaning but we / they dont get the coverage required for that to gain momentum, sky have a giggle at us every week but they arent putting him under pressure, the protest was a waste of time because it was the wrong game (10k more people there than the game before made it look like nothing happened) and the better fan brigade inside VP means that there still hasnt been a real good pop at him during a game

i dont think he's under pressure, lots of vitriol on message boards and social media but nothing during games, he gets away with murder, he timed his fans booing having a negative effect on the team to perfection 

nursey was spouting today on twitter about how the protest didnt work and the tide hasnt turned and the fans still back him, living in a dream world

Just because some fans don't want to chant against the manager during the game doesn't mean the see themselves as "better fans".

• Like 2

nursey was spouting today on twitter about how the protest didnt work and the tide hasnt turned and the fans still back him, living in a dream world

Just because some fans don't want to chant against the manager during the game doesn't mean the see themselves as "better fans".

no but those who soon turn and say "get behind the boys or you arent a proper fan" do see themselves as better fans

i dont think its necessarily fans stopping fans from it kicking off, i disagree with foreveryoung suggesting its patience, its just complete apathy, i think the general consensus is that we dont want him but hes not got anywhere so whats the point, we're just stuck with it, whats the point in booing them off they arent reacting to it, whats the point in chanting lambert out, no one is there to listen, i dont know how far off we are being as shit as derby were before they sacked their manager but its got to be close, in the shittest prem performance ever derby had scored more goals than us by this stage of the season

Edited by villa4europe

If he is not sacked, the fans will force him out in the end, believe me!

It should have been done ages ago.

I can't remember many protests at the Villa but I think there was one about the board/manager where there were a lot of people marching down the Trinity road? Must be around 10-15 years ago. 

Before the Arsenal debacle I thought the next two matches (Ars and Chelsk) would be throw-aways for Lambert as nothing was expected. But I think if we produce another toothless display against Chelsea it will all go very sour.

I don't care if their team costs fifteen quadzillion quid per toe, it's still 11 v 11 and we're at home. At least match them in effort and movement, even if we couldn't pass wind!

• Like 1

I said before they happened that I'd judge arsenal and chelsea on performances and not results.

If CHelsea turn up and play 100%, then they'll beat us regardless. But we have to still turn up ourselves. Against those teams you have to make sure you perform so if they have an off day you capitalise.

But you're right. We can't do what we did against Arsenal or confidence will be rock bottom against Hull. ANd that game is huge.

Vs top four teams our record is probably best vs arsenal away and Chelsea and home so I didn't see them as throw away games, that comparison vs last year game for game where even when we were on our 5 game losing streak and we were still 7 points better off, I'd guess that's no longer the case, 6 points in these 2 games last year (and possibly the worst game of football I've ever seen at hull away)

Vs top four teams our record is probably best vs arsenal away and Chelsea and home so I didn't see them as throw away games, that comparison vs last year game for game where even when we were on our 5 game losing streak and we were still 7 points better off, I'd guess that's no longer the case, 6 points in these 2 games last year (and possibly the worst game of football I've ever seen at hull away)

Game for game, we are now just 1 point better than last year and, if we lose or draw against Chelsea, we will go below last season's equivalent points total.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Honestly If I were the coach given the circumstances I might field a reserve side against Chelsea and rest the players to focus on the Hull Match

Then we'd go ahead and lose two matches, probably.  :P

I say go for it. Our supporters deserve to see a real battle against Chelski, with respect to the reserves.

Shock!! Horror!! James Nursey does no know what is going on at Villa so resorts to making things up.

It should have been done ages ago.

I can't remember many protests at the Villa but I think there was one about the board/manager where there were a lot of people marching down the Trinity road? Must be around 10-15 years ago. 

That was the anti Ellis protest with the "Ellis Out" and "£" placards.

Sadly that will be when we are a Championship club :(

I think the game against Chelsea will be the equivalent of McLeish's Bolton game, when the crowd finally turns wholesale against Lambert and lets him know just how useless he is.

Honestly If I were the coach given the circumstances I might field a reserve side against Chelsea and rest the players to focus on the Hull Match

He'd be hung, drawn and quartered if he did that. Lambert needs to get a few wins at home pretty quickly and throughout his Villa tenure he has been incapable of this.

I don't mind Lambert as a person, think he really wants to do well but for some reason or another, it just isn't working. You can see he looks beaten, defeated before we even step onto the pitch. Think he hasn't been helped much by Randy as he has effectively left him as a one man band. But this is a results business and he needs to be sacked for it.

• Like 2

Â