Paul Lambert

limpid

Let me start by saying that I'm not a regular down the Villa, I used to go several years ago and was a regular for about a decade previous to that, but apathy and increased activity in personal life (kids, house growing up basically) has diminished my trips to VP, I have got to 3-4 games a year on average after but I lost complete faith in this manager around this time last year, I resolved to not put a penny in Mr Lerner's pocket since or the clubs since, it's hard I love the club I want us to do well, In this era of FFP I realise that my abstention is damaging my club, but I just can't justify spending what disposable income I have on something that frustrates and infuriates me more than it gives me pleasure, rightly or wrongly I associate that feeling with Paul Lambert.

Is Lambert solely to blame? of course not, but do I care? of course not, a new manager won't solve all the issues down the Villa but it will go a long way in healing the rift I now feel towards the club. I don't think I'm alone in this feeling as the declining attendances will attest, I can understand the argument that we must support the team and to keep the faith and the lads need our support, but at some point you have to say enough is enough, our love of our club has been abused and we've been taken for granted for too long now, to continue supporting it is essentially say that you continue to agree with the current status quo.

I feel as a club we need to act within the next two games and remove Lambert from his position, I don't think I'm alone in this opinion (fingers crossed) otherwise we're seriously gambling with our premier league future and by extension the next several years or longer future of our club. Despite the rose tinted appeal some people have of the Championship (and I'll be honest playing proper clubs would be ok) relegation will be absolutely catastrophic for the Villa, we will lose players like Benteke, Delph, Westwood, Okore, Guzan, Gil for a fraction of their true worth, if we don't immediately bounce back (which is a distinct possibility under Lerner) we risk losing even more stature than that which we've ceded to somewhat lesser or equal clubs already, not to mention the financial implications several years in the championship could have for us. Quite simply he has to go and qickly 

Nice post.

The people who think it will be "fun" in the Championship are wrong on all counts.  Firstly, it will be lots of clubs regulated from the Premier LEague in recent years like Blackburn, Reading and erm, Blues, so there aren't actually that many "new" and "fun" clubs to go to.  Secondly, there's no guarantee that we'd find it at all easy.  We'd almost certainly lose players like Delph, Benteke and Okore and play in front of crowds of sub 20K every week.  It would also make a bad financial situation much worse.  No thanks.

I think it would be the beginning of the end if we went down, we would probably become another Leeds United or Sheffield Wednesday

Correct, we would indeed be in the Championship.  Good observation.

The people that don't want him sacked must have some more information than me on how things are going because I just don't see how Lambert is the best we can hope for or that he's onto something in the future.

Or just see things differently,  as people tend to do.

In post after post on here I see comments referring to how other fans think differently to the perceived norm,  or how some people feel should be the norm.  Comments like "how can anyone support him now" or "surely everyone wants him out? yes apart from the usual suspects" or "they'll always defend him they will god knows why".

Why does it matter? Why is it some big issue that there are some who feel it is not right to sack him? Why is important that 100% of fans on here should hold the same opinion? Why is it vital that the "majority" pursue the "minority" until the "minority" follow the same opinion?

For me I support Villa and I feel it is not in our interests as a club to remove the manager now.  Sorry but you can bang the drum as much as you want that is my opinion.

Well it matters for me at least because it's a view thats very hard for me to understand. My comment on him getting sacked was more a genuine curiosity in getting to know why some supporters want him to stay. Surely that's the point of the discussion? It could well be that you and others have explained it many times and that's fine. I'm not out to put people in groups of people who want him out or not.

yes over and over and very soon after the posts they are usually followed by "cant believe how people can support him now" or the better fan argument of "you cant possibly support the club if you still support the manager"

Thing is I very rarely see those who do not feel it is right to sack the manager saying similar about people who want him out,  maybe I'm not looking closely enough.

The people that don't want him sacked must have some more information than me on how things are going because I just don't see how Lambert is the best we can hope for or that he's onto something in the future.

In post after post on here I see comments referring to how other fans think differently to the perceived norm,  or how some people feel should be the norm.  Comments like "how can anyone support him now" or "surely everyone wants him out? yes apart from the usual suspects" or "they'll always defend him they will god knows why".

Why does it matter? Why is it some big issue that there are some who feel it is not right to sack him? Why is important that 100% of fans on here should hold the same opinion? Why is it vital that the "majority" pursue the "minority" until the "minority" follow the same opinion?

For me I support Villa and I feel it is not in our interests as a club to remove the manager now.  Sorry but you can bang the drum as much as you want that is my opinion.

Your making it sound political and that somehow we need to make every single fan wanting him sacked. Your are more than entitled to your opinion and I have to respect that, though you never really justify it in a way other fans that wnat him out do, like with facts. I see it more personal with you.

But the fact of the matter is, Lambert is taking us know where. Results prove it 100%. Im begining to feel the budget is not that much of an issue lately either becuase he has built a good team, that shoud be far from relegation fodder.

Im not sure why you think its acceptable to keep him here, I can only think its personal as the results speak for themselves. I personaly see no positives coming out of it.

N.B Rednapp has just resigned as QPR manager, I personally think lambert should follow suit.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 2

You are, of course, quite entitled to your opinion as is anyone else.

Somehow though I think it is a bit of stubbornness rather than any factual basis that drives your mindset as in truth, I don't believe you have wanted him removed at any stage of the season even with the damning evidence stacking up higher and higher as each week passes. 

Redknapp has finally been sussed out, he isn't a good manager, simples. Probably should retire in all honesty. 

To be fair he has done his time, but its gonna be a great manager to get the QPR squad performing. QPR is the definition whats wrong in football..

Well it matters for me at least because it's a view thats very hard for me to understand. My comment on him getting sacked was more a genuine curiosity in getting to know why some supporters want him to stay. Surely that's the point of the discussion? It could well be that you and others have explained it many times and that's fine. I'm not out to put people in groups of people who want him out or not.

yes over and over and very soon after the posts they are usually followed by "cant believe how people can support him now" or the better fan argument of "you cant possibly support the club if you still support the manager"

Thing is I very rarely see those who do not feel it is right to sack the manager saying similar about people who want him out,  maybe I'm not looking closely enough.

Welcome to the modern world. Nuance in debate is a thing of the past. In the words of Dubya, you're either 100% with me or you're 100% against me (slight paraphrasing there).

• Like 2

Let me start by saying that I'm not a regular down the Villa, I used to go several years ago and was a regular for about a decade previous to that, but apathy and increased activity in personal life (kids, house growing up basically) has diminished my trips to VP, I have got to 3-4 games a year on average after but I lost complete faith in this manager around this time last year, I resolved to not put a penny in Mr Lerner's pocket since or the clubs since, it's hard I love the club I want us to do well, In this era of FFP I realise that my abstention is damaging my club, but I just can't justify spending what disposable income I have on something that frustrates and infuriates me more than it gives me pleasure, rightly or wrongly I associate that feeling with Paul Lambert.

Is Lambert solely to blame? of course not, but do I care? of course not, a new manager won't solve all the issues down the Villa but it will go a long way in healing the rift I now feel towards the club. I don't think I'm alone in this feeling as the declining attendances will attest, I can understand the argument that we must support the team and to keep the faith and the lads need our support, but at some point you have to say enough is enough, our love of our club has been abused and we've been taken for granted for too long now, to continue supporting it is essentially say that you continue to agree with the current status quo.

I feel as a club we need to act within the next two games and remove Lambert from his position, I don't think I'm alone in this opinion (fingers crossed) otherwise we're seriously gambling with our premier league future and by extension the next several years or longer future of our club. Despite the rose tinted appeal some people have of the Championship (and I'll be honest playing proper clubs would be ok) relegation will be absolutely catastrophic for the Villa, we will lose players like Benteke, Delph, Westwood, Okore, Guzan, Gil for a fraction of their true worth, if we don't immediately bounce back (which is a distinct possibility under Lerner) we risk losing even more stature than that which we've ceded to somewhat lesser or equal clubs already, not to mention the financial implications several years in the championship could have for us. Quite simply he has to go and qickly 

Nice post.

The people who think it will be "fun" in the Championship are wrong on all counts.  Firstly, it will be lots of clubs regulated from the Premier LEague in recent years like Blackburn, Reading and erm, Blues, so there aren't actually that many "new" and "fun" clubs to go to.  Secondly, there's no guarantee that we'd find it at all easy.  We'd almost certainly lose players like Delph, Benteke and Okore and play in front of crowds of sub 20K every week.  It would also make a bad financial situation much worse.  No thanks.

I think it would be the beginning of the end if we went down, we would probably become another Leeds United or Sheffield Wednesday

Correct, we would indeed be in the Championship.  Good observation.

As in we would not return to the premier league

Just read we have only scored 4 second half goals in 41 games.

I haven't checked but good god that is just utterly atrocious.

Those half time talks, eh?

If they are as inspiring and his pre and post match comments its no suprise, They are all probably totally baffled and half asleep when the come out for the second half!

He will be here until the end of the season, after that who knows what will happen. 

I am sure Gil and Sinclair would be pretty pissed off if he walked/was sacked right now.

I'm just as sure that they wouldn't give a shit.

Yep, they came here to play for Aston Villa, not Paul Lambert.

No matter how shit you make us Paul we'll still remember that we are a big club and we should be doing much better

• Like 1

Â