Paul Lambert

limpid

Support is a tricky word. I support Aston Villa so I guess Lambert falls within that but, wanting him here at the club is a different matter.

I think that is a fair enough stance and most certainly during a game. I have wanted Lambert gone for some time now but that hasn't stopped me supporting and being 100% behind the team at the games and I therefore guess for the 90 minutes Lambert is a part of that team and I am right behind him. That will again be the case on Saturday. I guess even those that say they don't support him would acknowledge that come match day that by supporting the team and wanting those that can influence a game in a positive way for us to do well then they are for those 90 minutes supporting the manager.

I have always said that I will always back a player during a game as long as I know he is putting a shift in and doing his best. A lack of ability I can forgive but a lack of effort is inexcusable. I have a similar philosophy with Lambert as I have no doubt he is doing his very best but the sad fact is that his best has been shown to be in no way good enough and at this level he is out of his depth.

I don't think there is any ill feeling towards Lambert. I have never seen the vicious and nasty reactions I witnessed under McLeish and Houllier towards him and I genuinely hope it doesn't have to get to that stage and that he is relieved of his duties, walks or a miracle happens and he suddenly develops a bit of tactical nous. I 100% believe he should go but for as long as he remains here I do hope for all our sakes he can turn things around.

This will come if he continues here.

Was listening to Bosnich on talkshite this morning and even he was saying, he should just admit he has done the best he can and should walk if not sacked. He is now just trying the impossible. I mean can any us fans really see him turning this around now and getting us anywhere near the europa places next season??

Edited by foreveryoung

If he can't get the players he's just brought in and might still bring in to help us start scoring and getting good results, he's GOT TO GO. If we have anything less than 4 points after the Stoke game, keeping him on is just a slap in the face to Villa supporters. A new manager coming in at the beginning of March should have enough time to right the ship.

Support is a tricky word. I support Aston Villa so I guess Lambert falls within that but, wanting him here at the club is a different matter.

I think that is a fair enough stance and most certainly during a game. I have wanted Lambert gone for some time now but that hasn't stopped me supporting and being 100% behind the team at the games and I therefore guess for the 90 minutes Lambert is a part of that team and I am right behind him. That will again be the case on Saturday. I guess even those that say they don't support him would acknowledge that come match day that by supporting the team and wanting those that can influence a game in a positive way for us to do well then they are for those 90 minutes supporting the manager.

I have always said that I will always back a player during a game as long as I know he is putting a shift in and doing his best. A lack of ability I can forgive but a lack of effort is inexcusable. I have a similar philosophy with Lambert as I have no doubt he is doing his very best but the sad fact is that his best has been shown to be in no way good enough and at this level he is out of his depth.

I don't think there is any ill feeling towards Lambert. I have never seen the vicious and nasty reactions I witnessed under McLeish and Houllier towards him and I genuinely hope it doesn't have to get to that stage and that he is relieved of his duties, walks or a miracle happens and he suddenly develops a bit of tactical nous. I 100% believe he should go but for as long as he remains here I do hope for all our sakes he can turn things around.

I would love to still be in your position but for me things have just gone too far now. Every day he stays as manager is just further nails into the already closed coffin. The erratic way we played yesterday was conclusive proof that no matter what he does it just wont work. We had a decent last week in fairness with the win over Bournemouth and the signing of Gil, Sinclair and Delph signing a new deal- All that means though is we get some money now. But to go from that to what was witnessed yesterday was nothing short of disgraceful for a team in dire need of confidence. Playing Richardson at leftback was one of the most ridiculous decisions I have seen any Villa manager make.

It's too much now and if I am totally honest it's starting to become tiresome. On the outside I am passive but on the inside I am fuming at the lack of action to sort the mess out. More players aren't needed, a new manager is.

Personally I think if the fans don't rise up soon it will be too late, although part of me feels it is already.

• Like 3

He will be here until the end of the season, after that who knows what will happen. 

I am sure Gil and Sinclair would be pretty pissed off if he walked/was sacked right now. 

I'm just as sure that they wouldn't give a shit.

• Like 3

He will be here until the end of the season, after that who knows what will happen. 

I am sure Gil and Sinclair would be pretty pissed off if he walked/was sacked right now. 

I'm just as sure that they wouldn't give a shit.

Who knows maybe they actually want a manager who can set his team up right tactically and get the most of the system he uses

Hell they may even score a few goals because of it....

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

I would question Fox on how exactly he intends to increase our turnover when the product on the pitch is so utterly dire.At this point in time we could easily ,very easily go down.How are negotiations going with kit and shirt sponsors Tom ? 

What I really don't understand is alot of the mess we are in is because Randy trusted MON too much gave him too much control and yet he appears to be doing the same with Lambert.

The sad fact is we are almost certainly stuck with him for the rest of the season. I very much doubt RL has any idea how the fans feel or how bad it really is and if he does he clearly does not care. Amazing for a man who has lost a shed load of money with Villa already and yet is prepared to bet £65m plus with a manager who has comprehensively proved to be not up to the job.

Of course we all love and support the club but my patience has pretty much gone. I cannot attend the Chelsea game as I have to go with my son to  a Uni Open Day and to be totally honest I feel relieved that I will miss another 90 minutes of inept football and an inevitable pasting. How may other fans feel the same as me? Lots I would guess. We will be relegated and I cannot see us bouncing back any time soon. Very sad but also very true.

Edited by Harry

The sad fact is we are almost certainly stuck with him for the rest of the season. I very much doubt RL has any idea how the fans feel or how bad it really is and if he does he clearly does not care. Amazing for a man who has lost a shed load of money with Villa already and yet is prepared to bet £65m plus with a manager who has comprehensively proved to be not up to the job.

Of course we all love and support the club but my patience has pretty much gone. I cannot attend the Chelsea game as I have to go with my son to  a Uni Open Day and to be totally honest I feel relieved that I will miss another 90 minutes of inept football and an inevitable pasting. How may other fans feel the same as me? Lots I would guess. We will be relegated and I cannot see us bouncing back any time soon. Very sad but also very true.

I know how you feel chap. Unfortunately I cannot attend the Chelsea game either as I have to keep an eye on a wall I recently painted.

• Like 2

If we really did bid for Rickie Lambert, then to me, that if anything reiterates Lerner's and Fox's determination that P Lambert isn't going anywhere.

Edited by useless

If we really did bid for Rickie Lambert, then to me, that if anything reiterates Lerner's and Fox's determination that P Lambert isn't going anywhere.

??????

Wishful thinking from you maybe.

Why would he be given money to spend if they had any intention of sacking him?

he's not going anywhere, absolutely no danger, reading the reports of yesterdays game theres a bit of criticism as to how poor we are but he's not under pressure from journos i tweeted henry winter about his record, they simply don't care, the likes of collymore and yorke have been moaning but we / they dont get the coverage required for that to gain momentum, sky have a giggle at us every week but they arent putting him under pressure, the protest was a waste of time because it was the wrong game (10k more people there than the game before made it look like nothing happened) and the better fan brigade inside VP means that there still hasnt been a real good pop at him during a game

i dont think he's under pressure, lots of vitriol on message boards and social media but nothing during games, he gets away with murder, he timed his fans booing having a negative effect on the team to perfection 

nursey was spouting today on twitter about how the protest didnt work and the tide hasnt turned and the fans still back him, living in a dream world

Edited by villa4europe

Â