Swansea

Villan4Life

I think Bradley's appointment has to do with the fact that Landon Donovan is on their Board now(or some other position with the club). Think they are trying to tap into the American market

Edited by Villaphan04

• 1 month later...

They've lost their identity.

They had an identity with Rodgers, Laudrup and even under Gary Monk.

They should've given Monk longer...they sacked him a year ago and they've got worse since.

I think Bradley is a bit inept tactically...playing 4-4-2 yesterday against yes an out of form Man. United but they're still strong in midfield. You need at least one striker to press aswell...Borja and especially Llorente barely got into a jog all afternoon.

Like us they've also lost key players and replaced them with unproven ones.

To me Ashley Willaims was Swansea...huge leadership at the back and they're replaced him with some Dutch guy and a kid from Barnsley.

Ayew scored I think 15 league goals for them aswell...Llorente and Borja probably won't get that between them.

Having said all that get in a few experienced players in January and I still think they've got a good chance of staying up.

I felt they sacked Monk far too early too. Now, I don't particularly rate Monk as a manager, but he knew the club inside out and was probably doing an average job there, certainly not a bad one. I think the Swansea owners/board have ideas a bit above their station to be honest. 

• Like 1

their squad is really poor with players that arent good like Naughton and Van Der Hoorn or players that are past it now like Britton, Rangel, Llorente.

SIgurdsson, Ki, Taylor and maybe Fer are only players that are really any use at moment

• 1 month later...

I don't particularly like this whole 'sack the manager then sack the replacement' thing, it certainly didn't help us last year although I'm not sure I'd want Remi Garde managing us now, even if I do think he had it a bit rough last season. 

It's a shit situation, I guess, but the basic point is 'you shouldn't have appointed such an odd choice in the first place'.

Two bits of good news for the new guy: I guess this means they're going to spend money, and actually organising the defence should be an 'easy win'. 

The only post I remember from the time of the Bob Bradley rumours is someone saying they'd rather have the Boo Radleys in charge. No idea who said it, but it still makes me chuckle everytime I see his name.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â