Swansea

Villan4Life

The very model of a well run club. Massively involved in their local community, running the club responsibly and not standing for any nonsense (ref Laudrup).

I've a few friends that work for the club and they all tell me it's a pleasure working there. They expect the very best from their staff (playing and non-playing) but recognise and reward when they get it.

On the pitch, Gary Monk appears to be doing a fantastic job. Building a really strong side there and imbuing a sense of loyalty within the players. Considering how recently they came up, they've done great in building on that every year.

Joining in the praise for Swansea, a really well run club that always try to play good football. Shelvey has been fantastic these two games. Also, never would have expected Gary Monk to be such a bright, competent manager for them. He's everything Lambert should have been for us and more. 

• Like 2

Wouldn't shock me if they do a Southampton and seriously challenge the top 6 this season.

IMO it's the strongest midfield outside the top clubs....Ki who can dictate play infront of the back 4 and also chipped in with 8 league goals last season, looks like the penny is finally dropping for Shelvey judging by how he's started this season. Always had talent as a box to box player but lack consistancy. Sigurdsson as number 10 is excellent. Added Ayew, Montero is coming into his own now and Jack Cork is a good squad player.

Now...if we are to become a consistant top 8 team again in future that is the standard we'll be needing in central midfield so hopefully the new midfielders we have will be up to it.

• Like 1

hands up I thought MOnk was a terrible appointment but he is a good manager and is quiet unassuming guy who just lets players get on with it but if they need grind out a result they are capable of doing that

• Like 1

Being jealous of Swansea shows how far we've slumped in recent times. We've been shockingly managed. Lets hope we're turning a corner this time..

I agree it is a sign of how far we've slumped but I think you've got to give credit to the amount of progress they've made as well.

Their leadership have pretty much made all the right decisions at the right times to become more than an established PL club now.

My mate's older brother used to play for Swansea so I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them. It's crazy to think it's not much more than a decade ago that they were 90 minutes away from being a non league club. To be an established Premier League club with silverware to show for it in such a short period speaks volumes, especially as they have never been the club with the biggest budget in any of the divisions they have played in.

They've all played their part really....Jackett, Martinez, Laudrup and now Monk.

Just a club that dosen't panic when a manager leaves and sticks with their philosophy.

Completely agree but it's still possible to look at what each has achieved in their own right without down playing the roles of the others.

When you look at what Monk has done in isolation it's a hell of a job that he has done as part of a remarkable story.

They've all played their part really....Jackett, Martinez, Laudrup and now Monk.

Not Sousa then? ;)

Or Brenda, and he's the guy who got them promoted to the Premier League! 

• Like 1

Not Sousa then? ;)

Just missed out on the play offs and then jumped ship to Leicester so no compared to the others unless he signed any of the major players in their rise.

Actually come to think of it I've missed out Brenton somehow....

Edited by VillaChris

hands up I thought MOnk was a terrible appointment but he is a good manager and is quiet unassuming guy who just lets players get on with it but if they need grind out a result they are capable of doing that

Yep I thought Monk would get them relegated. Underestimated him. Clearly had more in his locker than the usual in-house replacement.

Yep I thought Monk would get them relegated. Underestimated him. Clearly had more in his locker than the usual in-house replacement.

Same here just as I thought Souhampton were doomed when they got rid of Adkins and got a chap who couldn't speak English.

Â