Swansea

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

So nobody wanted to take the job at a club who sacked their greatest ever manager 6 months after leading them to their highest ever finish.

...and now they are getting shredded by Oxford.

Ideas above their station and they deserve everything they get .

Monk is far from their greatest ever manager. He got a higher finish but Laudrup, Martinez, Rodgers and Jackett all have better achievements with the club

I would be surprised.

If they beat Sunderland on Wednesday they'd go 8 clear of them. They then have a home game v Watford.

And in the run in the have Southampton, us and Norwich all in a row as home games.

There are worse teams down there for me although surprised they gave Curtis the job until end of the season as we've seen many caretakers do alright and then the results nosedive when they get the job full time which he sort of has.

Madness to leave Curtis as manager given he said he wasn't pushed on ever being a manager. Apparently they went after bielsa so maybe they are holding out to try to get him in the summer. Very dangerous game and if they don't appoint a proper manager then I think they'll go down.

Curtis won't last the season, they'll panic and get in someone competent around March (probably just before they play us) which is what Sunderland always do and it's worked for them.

If they lose at home to Watford I'll retract what I said above. 

Said it before but their team is woefully overrated by people. Players like Montero, Gomis and even Sigurdsson are nothing really that special plus hasnt helped that Williams has gone off the boil in last maybe year or so

Yes that's true but I thought they had a superb balance in midfield last season....Ki holding with Shelvey pushing on and Sigurdsson as number 10, it worked very well.

Just looking at their team tonight, that's the problem, the back up isn't good enough. Leon Britton is a legend but he shouldn't be starting league games anymore and Modou Barrow to me is one of the worst players in the league.

They're a bit like us atm, Ayew or nothing.

On 1/13/2016 at 23:04, VillaChris said:

Yes that's true but I thought they had a superb balance in midfield last season....Ki holding with Shelvey pushing on and Sigurdsson as number 10, it worked very well.

Just looking at their team tonight, that's the problem, the back up isn't good enough. Leon Britton is a legend but he shouldn't be starting league games anymore and Modou Barrow to me is one of the worst players in the league.

They're a bit like us atm, Ayew or nothing.

Never forgiven him for losing that dossier personally. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Club has ideas above their station

Should never have sacked Monk. Hope they go down now

you have to wonder just what Swansea want or expect to achieve, they don't spend the cash to get them in the mix near the top yet think that being near the bottom is unacceptable. 

I think something happened behind the scenes in the vicinity of the first international break that hasn't gotten out yet, as they are a completely different team since then and it was only 3-4 weeks after the break when the first rumors of Monk getting the sack started to surface. I remember thinking that it was madness at the time, but with Shelvey also being sold all too quickly... makes me think 1+1 = :excl:

11 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

you have to wonder just what Swansea want or expect to achieve, they don't spend the cash to get them in the mix near the top yet think that being near the bottom is unacceptable. 

I believe it's called ambition outside of Brum!

• 8 months later...
Â