Swansea

Villan4Life

I admit I'm not really following the PL closely this season (for obvious reasons, and for the same obvious reasons I don't anticipate paying close attention for some time) but haven't Swansea already played loads of the hardest teams? And performed pretty well in a reasonable amount of the matches?

Just seems early to let him go, especially when they aren't actually in the relegation zone. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I admit I'm not really following the PL closely this season (for obvious reasons, and for the same obvious reasons I don't anticipate paying close attention for some time) but haven't Swansea already played loads of the hardest teams? And performed pretty well in a reasonable amount of the matches?

Just seems early to let him go, especially when they aren't actually in the relegation zone. 

I just had a look there and you're right (so you're obviously paying a lot more attention to it than I am).  The only result that they can be disappointed with is the early 2-0 loss at home to Hull City.  Their others are away at Leicester, at Southampton and home to Citeh (twice) and Liverpool.  They also managed a draw with Chelsea and a win at Burnley.  I think I'd be pretty pissed off with the club in that situation too.  On one hand maybe Guidolin's lack of a track record made them nervous, but on the other hand ... Bob Bradley?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Swansea fans seem furious, not about the appointment but that Guidolin has been sacked.

I think this is something to do with the Swansea Fans Trust having bought 21% of the shares in Swansea to get a Director on the Board. 

That Director wasn't informed of the sacking or the new appointment, having been specifically told by the new owners a couple of months ago they would be an integral part of the club and decision making.

Amongst other famous promises from new foreign owners with majority shares: the cheque is in the post, and the old fave, no, I wouldn't ever do that in your mouth without your express permishuuuerghhhaaahhhh.

As a side note, it's Guidolin's birthday today! Take the rest of the day off mate. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BOF said:

On one hand maybe Guidolin's lack of a track record made them nervous, but on the other hand ... Bob Bradley?

Guidolin has been managing since the 1980s and in his job prior to joining Swansea gave Udinese the best results in their history. In six months with Swansea he took them from 18th to 12th.

There are probably very few managers in the world who have a track record as long as his.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Guidolin has been managing since the 1980s and in his job prior to joining Swansea gave Udinese the best results in their history. In six months with Swansea he took them from 18th to 12th.

To be fair, he had a fair amount of time off sick during their better spell.

I think the owner was just looking for a reason to sack Guidolin to bring in Bradley. Not sure why, but I can't think of any other reason. Bradley has no experience in England and is coming in while the season is underway. Really strange appointment for me. 

I think it's one of those situations where you have something average and you can get something better, but the reaction won't be good, so they made up a lie to ease the reaction. Still think he should've been given some time, he's had some really tough fixtures, including Man City twice and an in form Liverpool. I know they lost to Southampton, but that's one match. We didn't sack ours until he got a team predicted for playoffs near relegation. Still, Bradley is a good manager and it'll be interesting to see how he adapts to the Prem. Don't think Swansea will be anywhere near relegation by the end of the season

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bob Bradley, I see Lerner secretly bought Swansea in the summer ;)

I'm glad he finally landed a premier league job just so we don't have to see his name linked with every open managerial position in England every year. 

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Swansea to be relegated?

i think their summer transfer policy wasnt going to aim anything higher than 17th

Borja Baston I dont think has even got on pitch yet, proper potential flop

Just now, Zatman said:

i think their summer transfer policy wasnt going to aim anything higher than 17th

Borja Baston I dont think has even got on pitch yet, proper potential flop

Played against Liverpool and missed two relatively easy headers.

Bob Bradley was tactically inept during the 2010 world cup imo......they could've easily gone further than round of 16 imo. I remember that summer he was heavily linked with the job here.

When he's actually taking over btw...was flicking through the matches tonight and notice he was still managing Le Havre tonight....is it going to be like Houllier and him not turn up for weeks?

Guidolin did a pretty good job end of last season but probably a mistake to keep him on for a full season...Sunderland have made that error last few years and indeed us with Sherwood.

No surprise to me they're struggling...Ayew seemed to score 90% of their goals last season and Williams was such a massive presence for them at the back. I think they'll go down.

Â