Swansea

Villan4Life

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Is their good quality though? looking at squad Ki, Sigurdsson, Ayew, Shelvey and maybe Williams are good players. the rest are nothing special. I remember the rave reviews for Montero but he was crap vs us

They got rid of too many good players after their cup win like Michu,Dyer, Bony, Chico and Pablo that were sold and replaced with poorer players

It was good enough last season. I think Ki-Sheley-Sigurdsson is as balanced a midfield trio as it comes outside the top 6. The problem here is Glyfi has done jack all apart from his free kick since us in the last two months and they've been playing Leon Britton who was good in the first couple of years but is past it now as a starter. Yeah Montero was getting well overrated at the start of the season, I'm with you on that one.

That and I've never been a huge fan of Gomis but he did a good job of covering Bony leaving but now the goals have dried up and they don't have anyone else other than Ayew to chip in with goals upfront.

18 hours ago, gharperr said:

make sure you never massively over-perform as manager. Just stick to doing an average job from the start and youll stay in managment

Actually ain't that the truth. Nail massively on the head there. Paul Lambert lasted a year more here than Monk did.

yeh dont get me wrong,..he obviously hasnt been doing a great job recently. But last year majority of people were expecting them to get relegated due to monk being in charge and bony leaving previously. He took them to the best finish in swansea history (iirc?). Total of 8.5mil netspend in the summer, which is awful backing and its not like us who made a lot of money from one player to skew that number (their highest earning from a player being sold was 500k). No idea what they were expecting and its shit loyalty to somebody whos been at the club so long.

only thing i thought is dodgy is sending that dyer on loan to Leicester. why exactly? The guy can make a difference at times and he had at least a half decent season before iirc. Guess he fell out with Monk because it makes 0 sense to me

I hope they go down now.

(lol just skimmed that article, looks like im just copying what it said, woops)

Edited by gharperr

In media over here that they are interested in Graham Potter who coaches Östersund. The article in this thread about the owner seem to be true then. He want someone he can control easily and not a bigger name with demands.

16 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

In media over here that they are interested in Graham Potter who coaches Östersund. The article in this thread about the owner seem to be true then. He want someone he can control easily and not a bigger name with demands.

they also signed Modou Barrow from them so maybe some sort of connection between the clubs

michu - they set the team up around him running from deep, graham could play it well, he dropped and michu ran past him and on to score

second season the prem defences sussed it out and closed in down, then they got bony and he wasnt interested in dropping deep for michu to score, then he got a load of really shit niggly injuries

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 18:17, VillaChris said:

It's mad what happened to him, seemed to score every week in 12/13.

Worth thinking about with Vardy being lauded to the high heavens. 

its also something the board at Leicester should think about if they get offered the rumoured silly money offers. One chance to take £20million+ for a player who has only done it for 1 year.

on michu, he hardly played for a good 2 and a half years because his ankle I made of papier maché. Shame cus he was excellent for the 18 months before

• 3 weeks later...

So nobody wanted to take the job at a club who sacked their greatest ever manager 6 months after leading them to their highest ever finish.

...and now they are getting shredded by Oxford.

Ideas above their station and they deserve everything they get .

• Like 1

Â