Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Played quite well yday, but is he worth £50k+ per week?

Lets face facts, no goals scored, no goals created, not a natural attacking player, not quick, an average midfielder.

Personally i don't think he will stay, and i think there is better value players out there.He did play well yday, but for us to go forward we need a complete overhaul imho.

Played quite well yday, but is he worth £50k+ per week?

Lets face facts, no goals scored, no goals created, not a natural attacking player, not quick, an average midfielder.

Personally i don't think he will stay, and i think there is better value players out there.He did play well yday, but for us to go forward we need a complete overhaul imho.

I've never thought we needed a complete overhaul. A fully fit defence would be just grand.

I'd happily have him on a free but it'll be little skin off my nose should that not happen, for whatever reason. His heart was evidently set on a move to Everton in the summer and I'd imagine it still is.

I am still not convinced. 

Neat and tidy and lots of energy but where is the quality final ball or the running into attacking positions.  For me he is a tidy player who can do so much more but week in week out doesn't impress as much as you feel he should.  He's more aggressive than Westwood but I want to see more nouse and guile from him in the attacking third.

I would have a Dembele over him any day of the week but I doubt we'd get him.

Never been totally convinced by Dembele myself

Dembele when on form is a lovely player to watch but for his talent he dosen't score or assist enough goals over a season so I'm not convinced he'd be a saviour like everyone says he would.

To me if there's a midfielder in the premier league who is exactly what we need, I'd say it would be a Sigurdsson type player.

I'd happily have him on a free but it'll be little skin off my nose should that not happen, for whatever reason. His heart was evidently set on a move to Everton in the summer and I'd imagine it still is.

was it though? sounded like media BS at the time still

was it though? sounded like media BS at the time still

Yes, that was the reason it was turned into a loan at the last minute (literally) despite us having a bid accepted. I don't blame him for what it's worth.

if anything I think he wanted to stay at United when we originally bid for him *might be wrong but think was around opening day of season* and then after 3 or 4 games he realised he wasnt going to play much so wanted to check his options again on deadline day

I think any chance we had of signing him may have dissapeared around the period of his substitution being greeted with a loud chorus of cheers each inevitable time. Lambert almost destroyed him completely as a footballer

Im torn right now over this schmuk. Didnt want him to begin with, lived up to all expectation of being useless but now has begun to perform like a decent midfielder. Not sure if he will keep it up and play s big part in keeping us up but if he does and makes noises that he wants to stay and be a part of AVFC moving forward and TS can continue to get the best out of him then im all for the Free transfer :)

Great workrate and what a turnaround from him. He's cemented his place in the starting 11.

Never thought he would be good after how atrocious he was in the beginning. Keep it up!

Â