Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Have to consider this Everton talk was when they looked a much better bet than us , big spending and close to champs league.Now they are as in danger of going down as us and we have a new manager and new talk of a takeover.

What will he ask for on a free? £70k+ with a fat signing on fee? I want top quality performances till the end of the season to consider that.

I hate to keep mentioning his name, but what a statement it would be if we could tempt Milner back, would happily pay him more.

I have been impressed with Cleverly the last couple of games. He has been working hard.

i also think that Sherwood knows how to play him better to get a better performance ( the job he is asking him to do)

if he keeps this up he may be a future captain for the  and I hope we sign him permanently.

Mmmm. Still doubting.

I have been impressed with Cleverly the last couple of games. He has been working hard.

i also think that Sherwood knows how to play him better to get a better performance ( the job he is asking him to do)

if he keeps this up he may be a future captain for the  and I hope we sign him permanently.

Mmmm. Still doubting.

Don't, he has always had talent but playing Moyes and Lambert defensieve slow build up football he really struggled. Under Sherwood he looks a different player and one we would do well to keep imo.

His pass for the first goal was pure quality and showed just how good he can be. Best pass of the game.

From what I remember, he wasn't even looking - fantastic passing move in general as well with Zoggy's flick on and then Bacuna's cut back.

I said at the time that Lambert got the push, that hopefully we'd start to see who were the actually shite players, and who were good players being slowly ruined by the worst manager we ever had.  Cleverley looked a class act yesterday, and I hope we keep him.

• Like 2

I said at the time that Lambert got the push, that hopefully we'd start to see who were the actually shite players, and who were good players being slowly ruined by the worst manager we ever had.  Cleverley looked a class act yesterday, and I hope we keep him.

so far its looking like we have no shite players and they were all being ruined  :P

What will he ask for on a free? £70k+ with a fat signing on fee? I want top quality performances till the end of the season to consider that.

I hate to keep mentioning his name, but what a statement it would be if we could tempt Milner back, would happily pay him more.

It would be amazing.

Mainly because it's never going to happen. 

And if it did, we'd have to annihilate our wage structure.

"That FA Cup atmosphere was amazing," he said. "I can honestly say I got goosebumps walking out and seeing the Holte End with the flag going across the stand and hearing that enormous noise.

"The atmosphere was electric. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up big-time. The fans made so much noise. They really do help us in every game, without a shadow of a doubt. Their support really does help us. They are our 12th man."

Cleverleys words. Very positive

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/03/17/the-cleverley-comments-which-will-make-villa-fans-feel-very-prou/

• Like 3

Really classy comments from Cleverley. I like him, think he suffers with confidence problems but there's a player in there with a lot of ability.

I think a lot of that comes from the abuse he got when he was in the England squad. A lot of that wasn't deserved, he probably shouldn't have been in the England squad so much but him being selected wasn't his fault. Sadly I think he will go to Everton rather than stay here, I believe that is mainly due to where he lives though more than anything. Its a shame because I think we are starting to see what he is capable of and he is has way more ability than Westwood IMO

• Like 1

Hopefully Cleverley is ok to start next game. We really need him and his energy in midfield. Sanchez is nowhere near his level.

have to agree

his form under Tim has made him one of the players we need to make this system work

Â