Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I've rarely noticed him in any of the games he's played. Is that a good or a bad thing for a midfielder that operates in his position? Probably not a good thing really since if you're not really "involved" then you're pretty ineffective - as we've seen over the last few games. I'd say Westwood is a better option than Cleverley but there's not much in it. Losing Delph has been terrible so far for us and I think Sanchez is pretty dire and if he doesn't improve, he should be shipped back to Elche at the earliest opportunity.... (if they're stupid enough to take him back, that is).

Edited by Khizzy

Was good today great work rate quality on ball. Him Delph & grealish in a midfield 3

Sorry. Have to disagree. He was totally ineffective. Not sure he is any better than Westwood, and I am not a big fan of him either.

Definitely not worth the reported fee, which in my opinion could be better spent elsewhere.

• Like 1

Id like cleverley to stay, he isn't spectacular granted, he goes about he's business quietly, if delph wasn't injured we wouldn't be playing both him and Westwood, our lack of midfield options forces the issue though.

But if the option is signing him permanently or signing a proper attacking midfielder it has to be the attacking midfielder.

• Like 1

Id like cleverley to stay, he isn't spectacular granted, he goes about he's business quietly, if delph wasn't injured we wouldn't be playing both him and Westwood, our lack of midfield options forces the issue though.

But if the option is signing him permanently or signing a proper attacking midfielder it has to be the attacking midfielder.

Agree. And if we're buying him I'd hope we wouldn't have to spend the full 8 million. So far I'd say 6 max, and even then I'd prefer to use that money to take us half way towards a really good AM, in January ideally.

£8M is absolute madness.

Contract expires in the summer and doesn't look any better than Westwood to me, who was what £2M ish?

Really think we could put that much money to better use, in fact I'm certain of it.

Yeah like putting it towards paying Lambert off.

What does he do though? His passing is ok and he runs a lot fine but he isnt an outstanding tackler, he doesn't seem to be a threat going forward and i don't think he does a whole lot to affect how a game plays out, of course you could say this for most of our players but i just don't see him as anything better than what we have or had in KEA. 

Don't think he'll want to sign here anyway and he'll have no shortage of offers on a free.

Hes a good player but in the circumstances i wouldnt waste the very little money we have on him. If we do have 8 million left. Go buy the best AM/WINGER you can find/afford.

Then sign him in the summer when Delph goes. 

Â