Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I hope the club or someone puts this £8m figure to bed because I can't see any way in which it can be true.

It would mean there is another club out there will to pay £7.9m for him in Jan which doesn't seem possible with just a few months of his contract left.

That would mean with 2/3 years left on his contract his value would be in the £15/20m range. He has never been that level of player.

For what its worth I think he'll be a valuable addition for the fee we pay for him which will be nowhere near the £8m mark.

I don't think he is suited to the position we played him in last night. When you have Gabby playing in the congested no.10 position and a player without any obvious pace like Cleverly playing in a wide attacking role you must know something isnt right. 

Even so he didn't have his best evening, crossing was poor and so often did the easy thing playing in Cissokho, didn't have the bravery to try and create something more risky.

• Like 1

He used to be surrounded by competant footballers which made his job easier now he is surrounded by no hopers and rocket polishers he needs to step up and prove himself.

And when he was surrounded by better footballers he used to do exactly the same - work hard off the ball but almost always play the safe, sideways pass when on it.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

He was unlucky not to score but I am just having doubts whether he's the type of midfield player we need. Sanchez has lot of potential as our defensive midfield player. Westwood is our best passer and Delph the most dynamic. I'm not sure Cleverley gets in when we are at full strength. You could play a diamond formation but Cleverley is not the player to play at the tip of the diamond.

Edited by PaulC

For me, Cleverley is an upgrade on Westwood and we should, when all fit be playing Delph, Cleverley and Sanchez.

However, for £8m with 6 months left on his contract, when he wasn't keen on being here anyway, I'd say no, and put that money into a proper No.10.

If he wasn't keen on coming here then he shouldn't be playing for us full stop.

Since he has come in the team (and Delph has got injured) it is not that much of a surprise that the midfield has offered so little in a creative sense.

He wants to pass sideways when we need someone to be inventive in the final third.

Another Lambert mess up,

• Like 1

yeah i wouldnt sign him. If we have limited funds.. put it towards a quality attacking midfielder.Hes similar to Westwood. He is slightly better than Westwood but no point wasting 8 million on him.

Since he has come in the team (and Delph has got injured) it is not that much of a surprise that the midfield has offered so little in a creative sense.

To be fair though, when has the midfield ever offered creativity in the last few years?

• Like 2

To be fair though, when has the midfield ever offered creativity in the last few years?

Exactly- hence why the signing of someone creative was vital not a similar player to Westwood.  

Before anyone says Cole a) he misses far too many matches and B) he's way past his best

"We want to bounce back for our loyal fans" kind of an insult when all we have been doing is  supporting a team loosing for the majority of times. I have big respect for the fans traveling all that way for the away games. (Would do that myself too tbh though)

Edited by AVFCRAMTIN

The only reason I can find for taking that negatively is if the poster has been reading too many tabloids and decided to spin it in a red top manner like "Tom Cleverley only wants to turn things around for LOYAL Villa fans, but he hates all the other ones" or some such ridiculousness. He wasn't splitting the Villa support into loyal and non-loyal, he was calling Aston Villa fans, all of them, loyal fans that the team wants to turn things around for

• Like 2

Â