Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

What does he do though? His passing is ok and he runs a lot fine but he isnt an outstanding tackler, he doesn't seem to be a threat going forward and i don't think he does a whole lot to affect how a game plays out, of course you could say this for most of our players but i just don't see him as anything better than what we have or had in KEA. 

Don't think he'll want to sign here anyway and he'll have no shortage of offers on a free.

He reminds me a lot of Sidwell unfortunately who wasn't a great passer or tackler and was "just there" in midfield.

Sidwell could score and get in the box from time to time at least so we need to see that from Cleverley although the tactics of the midfield are holding him back from that currently.

A bit meh so far. Probably looks better in a better side. Not sure what sort of  player he is- box to box or defensive? Or just a average sideways plodder?

Bingo.

Looks better in a better team because he is simply there to be an option to pass to and offload the easy ball, will never run a game or change it's course. Absolutely not what we need especially for £8M.

All my opinion of course.

• Like 2

What does he do though? His passing is ok and he runs a lot fine but he isnt an outstanding tackler, he doesn't seem to be a threat going forward and i don't think he does a whole lot to affect how a game plays out, of course you could say this for most of our players but i just don't see him as anything better than what we have or had in KEA. 

Don't think he'll want to sign here anyway and he'll have no shortage of offers on a free.

He reminds me a lot of Sidwell unfortunately who wasn't a great passer or tackler and was "just there" in midfield.

Sidwell could score and get in the box from time to time at least so we need to see that from Cleverley although the tactics of the midfield are holding him back from that currently.

That's a good shout. Thanks for reminding me about Sidwell- Cleverly could be just as forgettable. The only thing I can remember that Sidwell did for us is to assist in  a throw in in which we scored.

Take ages to get rid of one Stephen Ireland then sign another (certainly how it looks at the minute)

Not the same really. I can't fault Cleverley's attitude just whether he has the ability but time will tell on that. 

Quite ironic that he was looking forward to joining Everton in the Summer but now it looks like Delph will be going there instead

Guess he will have to stay here after all

Edited by AshVilla

All we have to do then is employ the most successful manager of all time & sign some world class players to surround him to just look decent ;)

Or play him in the right position for a start and utilise him for what he is best at.

He has spent most of the last few weeks 'on the left'. Surprisingly, he has looked lost. This a player who has regularly started for England and Manchester United in central midfield. Lambert with his square peg/round hole trick.

• Like 1

He doesn't look like a player we should spend 8m on in January IMO

I don't know about 8 million, but he was quite good today. I've said it before, he's not a game-changer but he's good overall. We need players like him who are not liabilities.

If both him and Delph leave, we'll have big holes to fill next summer.

• Like 1

Â