Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

He is a good player. I think the players that have left us after looking terrible under Lambert prove that its not the players fault. If Martinez wants you, you're a good player

I'm not sure Martinez gets every signing right.

Why in the name of god Lambert thinks a midfield of him and Westwood will work is beyond me ,they are basically the same player.

Yes they are, and it was a baffling decision to bring this guy in. If we have truly got £8m to spend, then it needs to be spent on someone who can actually create chances and score goals. I'm not asking for the next David Silva, but in truth the next Chris Brunt would be a huge improvement. 

I think Cleverley's (and Westwood's) problem in this team is that they're not attacking enough.

They're both good at keeping the ball (Cleverley had 90% pass accuracy again last night) but with no other midfielder there to attack it doesn't really mean much. There's no use keeping the ball and passing it to Westwood or Sanchez. At some point one of them has to make that link between midfield and attack. And without Delph we simply don't have it (and Delph is hardly amazing at it)

It's all well and good being a water carrier, there's a place for it, but without any penetration in our midfield it's useless. We need more from our midfielders while Delph is out. If we had incisive wingers then that could substitute. But we don't have that either.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I think Cleverley's (and Westwood's) problem in this team is that they're not attacking enough.

They're both good at keeping the ball (Cleverley had 90% pass accuracy again last night) but with no other midfielder there to attack it doesn't really mean much. There's no use keeping the ball and passing it to Westwood or Sanchez. At some point one of them has to make that link between midfield and attack. And without Delph we simply don't have it (and Delph is hardly amazing at it)

It's all well and good being a water carrier, there's a place for it, but without any penetration in our midfield it's useless. We need more from our midfielders while Delph is out. If we had incisive wingers then that could substitute. But we don't have that either.

Exactly this , both Westy and Cleverly and good at keeping the ball and passing it with high completion rates but they lack penetration in passing and running with the ball.This is made worse when the only out ball is the full back nothing in front of them and just pass it back to them.

Cleverly is not a bad player but in this system with Westwood he is a waste of time really.If you have a 3 man midfield like last night you need some cutting edge from the forwards either getting out wide or dropping deep into space.N'zogbia behind Benteke would work better than last night and criminal Grealish is not on the bench.He may be young but at least he can run with the ball and offers something different which is worth a space on the bench IMO

8m? No chance, I hadn't seen much of him prior to him joining us and I've seen enough to be happy if he is sent back to Utd in January.

Save the money, not worth it. 2m at most and then only as a back up player.

Â