Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Very much a vanilla player, neat and tidy but does not have a forward pass in him and does not create anything positive. I'm not sure spending £8m on a water carrier represents the best business when we are devoid of quality going forward. 

Sums it up for me.

I think he's good at what he does, but he does something that we don't need right now.

We need an incisive midfield player and if money is tight, we can't afford to splash £8m on a better version of Westwood.

Priorities. I don't think Cleverley is a bad player. But that type of player isn't a priority.

• Like 1

No point of having both him and Westwood in the same team when Sanchez is holding, is there?

Spot on, it's just a shame they're two of the only players that look like they care - Vlaar couldn't look less bothered or motivational to the rest of the team today...one of the above would be captain for me on current form Edited by MyLord

Very much a vanilla player, neat and tidy but does not have a forward pass in him and does not create anything positive. I'm not sure spending £8m on a water carrier represents the best business when we are devoid of quality going forward.

Sums it up for me.

I think he's good at what he does, but he does something that we don't need right now.

We need an incisive midfield player and if money is tight, we can't afford to splash £8m on a better version of Westwood.

Priorities. I don't think Cleverley is a bad player. But that type of player isn't a priority.

Make your mind up chap, An hour ago you stated he's by far the best player in the team and something we need FFS.

£8m is the going rate for average PL midfielders. Look at the dross we bought looking for value (excl Westwood, but he has taken 3 years to get there)

How much did Diame go for again?

I think Sigurdsson went back to Swansea for about 6m aswell.

Edit: Cleverley is nothing special, he's not the sort you put in the team and it instantly improves us otherwise we wouldn't have lost 6/7 no matter the opposition.

Delph is simply an all round better midfielder than Cleverley imo. Bad news we lose him for free and then claim Cleverley as some sort of replacement if he comes here full time.

Edited by VillaChris

Â