Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

He appears to be very good at making nothing happen.

Ouch.

I think he's a decent player, but there's some truth in this, he's not particularly creative, he doesn't really have that forward pass in him and although he's not exactly got good runs ahead of him, as pointed out above, he wasn't really delivering the final balls at United, where he did have quality ahead of him. 

He's neat and tidy with a lot of energy, but I can't help but think that often quoted £8m fee could be used on someone with more creativity. 

• Like 2

Ouch.

I think he's a decent player, but there's some truth in this, he's not particularly creative, he doesn't really have that forward pass in him and although he's not exactly got good runs ahead of him, as pointed out above, he wasn't really delivering the final balls at United, where he did have quality ahead of him. 

He's neat and tidy with a lot of energy, but I can't help but think that often quoted £8m fee could be used on someone with more creativity. 

This is why I question why on the last page it was said that Cleverley was a good signing as the perfect replacement for Delph.

Delph: Good with the ball at his feet, positive driving runs, gets the ball forward quickly, always looking to take the ball and move with it, brings others into the game when he does get forward.

Cleverley (so far): Takes the ball, looks for men in space, tries to cross the ball, looks to link with other midfielders through short passing (especially Westwood). Like to keep the ball.

Ouch.

Someone with more creativity yes, but it's not enough to get someone with more creativity and good overall play, I'm afraid. I'm not sure we can afford to keep an expensive one-way creative midfielder. Seems like Lambert agrees, hence Cole.

I think one of the saddest things about the last few years under Lerner is that expectations are now so low that we think £8m is a vast sum of money to pay for a first team midfielder in 2014.

It is a vast sum of money, if he isn't very good. No way has he shown anything like an £8m player. He's supposed to be creative. We've scored one goal since he arrived and not had too many more shots on target. Not all his fault but he needs to step up.

Ouch.

I think he's a decent player, but there's some truth in this, he's not particularly creative, he doesn't really have that forward pass in him and although he's not exactly got good runs ahead of him, as pointed out above, he wasn't really delivering the final balls at United, where he did have quality ahead of him.

Someone with more creativity yes, but it's not enough to get someone with more creativity and good overall play, I'm afraid. I'm not sure we can afford to keep an expensive one-way creative midfielder. Seems like Lambert agrees, hence Cole.

But if we actually attacked teams then a good attacking midfielder would create opportunities and therefore worth their weight in gold.

• Like 2

Ouch.

I think he's a decent player, but there's some truth in this, he's not particularly creative, he doesn't really have that forward pass in him and although he's not exactly got good runs ahead of him, as pointed out above, he wasn't really delivering the final balls at United, where he did have quality ahead of him.

But if we actually attacked teams then a good attacking midfielder would create opportunities and therefore worth their weight in gold.

Yes, but that's a big if.

Ouch.

the thing is the teams he has played against its erally hard to judge him. I expect to see a better performance tonight when we play a lesser team

Â