Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Doesn't make sense to spend £8mill on a water carrier. If we persist with 3 in central midfield next season then we already have a decent water carrier in Westwood, Sanchez looks to be settling in and being a decent defensive midfielder. That means we should be spending that money on a central midfielder who can actually pass the ball forward and create chances. Cleverley is simply not capable of that, if he couldn't do that at United when surrounded by world class players he certainly won't be doing that here. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I think he's an improvement on Westwood, but then again we don't have to pay money to acquire Westwood's services. If we can find a more creative player for a similar price, I wouldn't take up the option. If not, I'd buy Cleverley and drop Westwood, but we can't play with both of them in the team, it simply doesn't work. 

I thought that was his best game for us so far. Good 1 touch football, and got forward more than he ever did. Should have scored too. All of our midfielders are playing well individually, but they're all too similar. We need Lambert to change something, or our forwards to start producing the goods.

Sanchez plays more forward passes and gets up the pitch more than this guy and he's a DM

I have yet to see how he is the solution for our main problem in the middle of the park which is creativity and getting goals from midfield which is vital in the narrow formation we play

• Like 2

Doesn't make sense to spend £8mill on a water carrier. If we persist with 3 in central midfield next season then we already have a decent water carrier in Westwood, Sanchez looks to be settling in and being a decent defensive midfielder. That means we should be spending that money on a central midfielder who can actually pass the ball forward and create chances. Cleverley is simply not capable of that, if he couldn't do that at United when surrounded by world class players he certainly won't be doing that here. 

Sometimes being surrounded by world class players makes you look worse than you are, and everybody struggled under Moyes. I thought Cleverley was excellent at Wigan and theres more to come from him I'm sure. 

Hes better than Westwood, just.

Sigurdsson has 2 goals, and 7 assists this season, Cleverley and Westwood 0 and 0?.

Perspective time, Westwood and Cleverley not good enough, Sanchez and Delph are.Maybe try GG in Jan, but i think we need to look elsewhere tbh.

• Like 1

Hes better than Westwood, just.

Sigurdsson has 2 goals, and 7 assists this season, Cleverley and Westwood 0 and 0?.

Perspective time, Westwood and Cleverley not good enough, Sanchez and Delph are.Maybe try GG in Jan, but i think we need to look elsewhere tbh.

With respect is that not down to manager tactics, rather than the player??

Edited by foreveryoung

You could get Ashley Young or James Milner at the end of the season for 8/9m give or take a couple of quid

If we pay 8m for this guy then somebody seriously is not the full carot!

Milner is playing a lot for city no way would you get him for 8m

You could get Ashley Young or James Milner at the end of the season for 8/9m give or take a couple of quid

If we pay 8m for this guy then somebody seriously is not the full carot!

Milner is playing a lot for city no way would you get him for 8m

Yup, Milners only got 6 months left to run on his deal and Young will only have 12 months left at the end of the season. 

Doubtful that they would return but just a comparison for what we could get for around 8/9m 

Edited by Kingman

Would take both in a heartbeat. In terms of them wanting to come, can't see it at all.

Milner absolutely no chance, featuring a lot for City and playing well, can't see them letting him go and if they do it will be to a team better than us unfortunately.

Young, I guess there is a tiny chance, never established himself at United and would most likely enjoy being a key player again. Wages would be a huge stumbling block, as they would be with Milner, also think bigger clubs would be sniffing round, could see him ending up at Galatasaray or somewhere like that for a final payday.

Â