Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

If lambert allows him to go forward instead of worrying about tracking back he wouldn't be half as bad. There is no reason Cleverley shouldn't be in box taking chances other than Lambert's Defensive (McLeish) tactics. They are destroying our attacking intent!!

In reality he is not Man U quality no, but he is good enough to us if let of the leach a bit!!!

Nonsense.

He's never been a goalscorer in any team.

Are you calling Alex Ferguson defensive as well?

If lambert allows him to go forward instead of worrying about tracking back he wouldn't be half as bad. There is no reason Cleverley shouldn't be in box taking chances other than Lambert's Defensive (McLeish) tactics. They are destroying our attacking intent!!

In reality he is not Man U quality no, but he is good enough to us if let of the leach a bit!!!

Nonsense.

He's never been a goalscorer in any team.

Are you calling Alex Ferguson defensive as well?

He scored 10+ at Watford, but no i agree with you.

He's never going to be that type of player at this level

We really did dodge a bullet by not signing him permanently last summer

Don't count ya chickens just yet, Still got 4 weeks left in this window pal!

Edited by Kingman

The loan fee was probably a good chunk, so it's probably not a matter of saving 8 million if we don't buy him this month. We probably would have to pay off the rest if we want to keep him. £4/5 million pounds to have him on our books for another three seasons probably is an ok deal, rather than losing him at the end of the season, having spent £3/4 million pounds for the privilege of having him here for this season with a view to buy.

Hmm you raise some interesting points but I genuinely don't think he is worth another £4m/£5m to sign on a long term contract.

I highly doubt we will ever find out but i'm curious if the club are paying all the wages and if not how much of a percentage and what the loan fee is.

The loan fee was probably a good chunk, so it's probably not a matter of saving 8 million if we don't buy him this month. We probably would have to pay off the rest if we want to keep him. £4/5 million pounds to have him on our books for another three seasons probably is an ok deal, rather than losing him at the end of the season, having spent £3/4 million pounds for the privilege of having him here for this season with a view to buy.

Plenty of "probably"s there! 3m to £4m for a one season loan fee is doubtful in my opinion. If the total amount is £8m, I'd have thought it was made up of £1m loan plus £7m signing on fee, certainly no worse than £2m plus £6m.

Should we cough up another £6m or so to keep TC permanently? Not from what I've witnessed this half season.

Plenty of "probably"s there! 3m to £4m for a one season loan fee is doubtful in my opinion. If the total amount is £8m, I'd have thought it was made up of £1m loan plus £7m signing on fee, certainly no worse than £2m plus £6m.

Should we cough up another £6m or so to keep TC permanently? Not from what I've witnessed this half season.

I suppose it just depends on the nature of the August deal. I got the impression at the time that the deal was pretty much done, but couldn't be pushed through in time for deadline, so they made it a loan, but with a big loan fee which was a first installment in a future fee. All speculation - I just won't be too surprised if we end up making it permanent this January. 

I suppose it just depends on the nature of the August deal. I got the impression at the time that the deal was pretty much done, but couldn't be pushed through in time for deadline, so they made it a loan, but with a big loan fee which was a first installment in a future fee. All speculation - I just won't be too surprised if we end up making it permanent this January.

I agree that the terms were far from clear. I'm currently clinging to the hope that the recent media release stating TC is 'considering his options' is enabling TC to save face whilst the club decides not to take up the option to buy. #clutchingatstraws

I'd say we aren't committed to buying TC contractually as we are a few days into the window I think it would have happened by now so we clearly have a choice of if to sign him which wasn't clear before

I agree. Lambert doesn't seem too keen on spending a large portion of his transfer budget on cleverly. I think if we could get cleverly for free in the summer, then we should. He is not worth a transfer fee but he can be a valuable addition. 

• Like 1

I'd say we aren't committed to buying TC contractually as we are a few days into the window I think it would have happened by now so we clearly have a choice of if to sign him which wasn't clear before

That is exactly right.

Lambert has the option to sign him for a agreed fee this month, it isn't an obligation.

I don't think we will sign him permanently this window personally, we may or may not come the summer.

• Like 1

From the sounds of it today he wasn't great - I was quite complimentary about him after 3 games for us and I thought he was going to push on from that and start chipping in with goals and assists, but he seems to have become stuck in his shell and unable to come out. As has been said I don't think there's any agreement or it would have been signed and completed on the 1st, so I really hope we don't make this permanent. Use the money on something we need.

That is exactly right.

Lambert has the option to sign him for a agreed fee this month, it isn't an obligation.

I don't think we will sign him permanently this window personally, we may or may not come the summer.

Thank god for that.

I'd say there's a good chance the terms of the loan prevent us from signing him for free in the summer without having to pay Man U some money

I would be fairly sure that would be illegal given that tom cleverly would no longer have any connection to man United once his contract expires. Also there is no valid reason villa or any club would agree to a clause like that as they would be behind any other club that was interested and not subject to the Clause. Edited by villa89

Â