Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Any goals and assists for us yet?  :ph34r:

He'd need to actually play a forward pass for the latter to happen!

Next time he gets a free kick he should face sidewards towards the goal maybe then the shot would go on target and he might have a chance of scoring

• Like 1

I'm all for giving players time to settle and was hoping that Cleverley would become a big player for us, but he is a guy who has already played many games in the league before joining Villa, so that time should have been relatively short. I don't think he ever will be the forward thinking player we would like and if I am being honest, I would have Westwood over him mostly any day. For the money being touted for this guy and the wages he would likely expect, I'd rather take any money available and shop abroad for another midfielder or two. 

I'd still sign him, but for 2-3 million max. He is not worth the 8 million figure that United want, although he is still a half decent footballer. He hasn't had the best form lately, but earlier in the season he was doing quite well and the same posters criticizing, were praising. 

• Like 3

I wouldn't sign him, even if we lost Delph

with Westwood fit and back in the team they're too similar, it's be one or the other in there and IMO Westwood is a better player, cleverley would be his back up at best

If we're signing another midfielder he needs to offer something different

• Like 1

Been disappointing for mine. I thought he would be a lot more attacking. He is very similar to Westwood. Marginally better but no point spending 8 million to bring him if hes only marginally better. Hopefully we leave him at Man Utd and go sign an attacking midfielder in January.

I think he breaks up play more than Westwood in his role and Westwood appears to have a better range of passing. I agree though hope we leave him. 

Westwood really shows him up doesn't he? His refusal to ever look forward is frustrating. Compared to Sanchez, our supposed defensive midfielder who whenever he receives the ball tries to turn towards goal to see what's on. Cleverley seems almost scared of looking that way, and he usually passes sideways as quick as he can or back to the player who passed it to him. 

More tackles than Sanchez yesterday and 90% passing accuracy - and he had a bad game. People really have developed a complete and utter irrational hatred of him and it's pathetic. Yes, he's shit at set pieces but other than that he's a good player.

• Like 2

Â