Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I think he's saying that signing cleverley would be the last straw for those still in support of Lambert and the job he's doing.

Why does everything here have to about Lambert "supporters" (or the opposite)? It's like some people are trying to divide the fanbase and invent some sort of conflict.

The fan base is pretty divided when it comes to the manager.

I actually don't think he's a bad player.

BUt as has been said a million times, we need to spend our money elsewhere.

He, Westwood and Delph all play the same position.

We've got Sanchez as the DM now, we need to sign an attacking midfielder to complete the midfield 3. 

Delph and Westwood play in very different ways, but they both do that job of being the water carrier. They're neither a dedicated DM or a dedicated AM.

Our biggest problem for the past 2 seasons is we've had players like Westwood, Delph, KEA, CLeverley making up the central midfield when they all do the same thing. We've corrected half of that with Sanchez, we need to compliment them now with a true attacking midfielder

• Like 4

I think he's saying that signing cleverley would be the last straw for those still in support of Lambert and the job he's doing.

Why does everything here have to about Lambert "supporters" (or the opposite)? It's like some people are trying to divide the fanbase and invent some sort of conflict.

The fan base is pretty divided when it comes to the manager.

It is, but it doesn't need to be shoehorned into every single conversation.

As for Cleverley, really don't think he's worth £8m. If we have that money to spend I'd rather it go on the elusive AM.

• Like 3

rubbish, complete poor. no way do i wnat him for 8m. free maybe but not for a fee. a average player. no idea how he played for united so long

Fergie was clever in that he often used one of the local lads to do the water carrier job and give the ball to the better players. Unfortunately for Cleverley he's surrounded by pretty average players and we need more from him personally. He just doesn't seem to have it in him, which I thought he might develop if given a run in the team.

It'd be an awkward moment if Cleverley knocks on Lambert's door and said, 'so OK, when are you making this deal permanent?'. Can he say, actually you've been a bit shit and I'm not spending £8m on you, but I need you for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Is the 8m price tag being quoted his transfer fee or fee including wages over 4 years etc?

His transfer fee. AFAIK it was 500K for the 12 month loan with an agreement we could sign him in January for £7.5m more.

To put it bluntly he's awful. I know he got alot of stick at United but I thought it was just the result of social media and LADbible bullying and people just hopping on the bandwagon but he actually brings nothing. If we sign him I'll be very dissapointed basically.

• Like 1

Oh not sure if the comparison has been made but he's another Darron Gibson. Vastly over rated just because of the club he played for. See Nicky Butt, Wes Brown, Kieron Richardson and all the other united players who were international players until the day they left Man Utd. and then magically everyone realised they weren't that good.

• Like 2

Cleverley is shite, not worth £7.5 million at all. He brings nothing to a team, doesn't score and doesn't assist. He is **** awful, Lambert has got to go if he is seriously considering buying him permanently. I wouldn't even sign him on a free due to the astronomical wages he would demand.

Belongs in the championship.

If lambert allows him to go forward instead of worrying about tracking back he wouldn't be half as bad. There is no reason Cleverley shouldn't be in box taking chances other than Lambert's Defensive (McLeish) tactics. They are destroying our attacking intent!!

In reality he is not Man U quality no, but he is good enough to us if let of the leach a bit!!!

Edited by foreveryoung

In the last 4 seasons the lad has scored 3 goals in total (one of those was against us!) - I'm just not convinced he has it in him.

For someone who turns 26 this year I would be expecting to see him at the top his game now.

Sadly he is another mediocre player - get rid now!

• Like 2

Â