Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Wow being snubbed by Tom Cleverley of all people

Probably the equivalent of being turned down by a fat bird at a disco

We will survive lads don't worry

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

This conspiracy about players having to play when they are fit is rubbish. A number of sports lawyers have told me that it would be impossible to implement and include in a contract.

Not quite the same but I believe the Deulofeu loan cost Everton less in fees the more games he played. In theory something like this could be possible with TC, but seemingly unlikely.

Before this 'its part of the loan agreement he has to play when fit' thing gets repeated to the point of being considered fact I'd just like to state it is absolutely not the case. There is no such clause.

Do you think there is any truth to Everton/snub rumours?

I think Cleverly has more ability and potential that most give him credit for and if we weren't so bereft of goals, assists and creativity we would probably appreciate him more. But because we have good defensive/holding midfielders already we are putting a lot of pressure on Cleverly to contribute something different.

Before he leaves I would like to at least once see Lambert play him in a more advanced role just to see if there is any chance he can offer more.  

• Like 1

Before this 'its part of the loan agreement he has to play when fit' thing gets repeated to the point of being considered fact I'd just like to state it is absolutely not the case. There is no such clause.

Can't say I've seen/heard them but they would seem the logical escalation of a story for either press making things up or fans doing likewise.

A lot of people expected us to convert the deal to a perm deal this window, we are now a week into it and nothing has happened so people start looking for the next chapter in the narrative and doing 2+2 stuff and coming up with 23.

Like you I think he is a better player than some credit him for but I can understand why some people aren't overly impressed with him to date. Personally though I'm not sure he is the right sort of player to play in the advanced midfield role.

Can't say I've seen/heard them but they would seem the logical escalation of a story for either press making things up or fans doing likewise.

A lot of people expected us to convert the deal to a perm deal this window, we are now a week into it and nothing has happened so people start looking for the next chapter in the narrative and doing 2+2 stuff and coming up with 23.

Like you I think he is a better player than some credit him for but I can understand why some people aren't overly impressed with him to date. Personally though I'm not sure he is the right sort of player to play in the advanced midfield role.

Fairplay. I sort of hope we keep him, but only if we get a creative midfielder and winger that James Nursery thinks we'll sign.

Edited by VillanousOne

Fairplay. I sort of hope we keep him, but only if we get a creative midfielder and winger that James Nursery thinks we'll sign.

I agree and its what we need and I'm certain what the manager would want but I'm less sure it will happen.

If it does I'm not sure the players will be of the sort of calibre we need or Lambert would want because of money.

• Like 1

Â