Tom Fox

Cracker1234

I like the cut of his jib. Actions speak louder than words but things do seem to be being out in place behind the scenes. There is no doubt for me that this club can compete for a top 7 place again. It does however need someone to tap into our huge potential in terms of increasing revenue and a manger who can spend what he is given wisely and then mold a team out of those players he does sign/those that come through the academy and get the best of of them.

Doing that and consistently getting back amongst the top 6/7 is easier said than done of course but we are fortunate that this club is big enough to achieve it.

The Tom Fox stuff is a headline on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30281192

Tom Fox: Aston Villa want European football in three years

Aston Villa chief executive Tom Fox says the Premier League club is targeting a regular challenge for European football within three years.

Love the picture of Villa Park on the beeb website.The ground deserves better than the shit that has been served up their for the last four years.

Oh yeah it has to be pr spin, no way could he possibly be telling it how it is and actually be making loads of positive changes at the club...

I'll take him on his word tbh, he has come from a seriously well run club and I'm sure a big part of the reason for him taking the job here was to make us successful again.

• Like 3

Oh yeah it has to be pr spin, no way could he possibly be telling it how it is and actually be making loads of positive changes at the club...

I'll take him on his word tbh, he has come from a seriously well run club and I'm sure a big part of the reason for him taking the job here was to make us successful again.

He may well be.

But once agaib we've seen our chairmen spend less than the vast majority of clubs in the last transfer window. So until we actually see any evidence it's just meaningless words.

Ah a three year plan 10 years after a 5 year plan in which we aim to get where we were 4 years ago.

As far as I can see Fox is here to raise commercial revenue and not much else, I hope he manages it. Because if he does perhaps we can get rid of Lerner because I don't believe for one minute it will be used to make us a competitive side in the top half of the table.

• Like 2

On the upside, making this sort of statement is great for the fans.

We either get to see a genuine effort to improve, or we can throw this statement in his face when the funds don't come.

Fox is definitely the guy to increase our revenue and hopefully flow that on to the measure of football, wages. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt at this stage.

• Like 1

I really ca believe anyone is enthused by this guy. Hes just another faceless director who seems to offer very little over his predecessor. Hes secured average players contracts...whilst the quality players still look set to leave for nowt.

I really don't know why we appoint these types on big salaries...and then task them with serving up the same.

I really ca believe anyone is enthused by this guy. Hes just another faceless director who seems to offer very little over his predecessor. Hes secured average players contracts...whilst the quality players still look set to leave for nowt.

I really don't know why we appoint these types on big salaries...and then task them with serving up the same.

Nothing like writing off someone before they’ve been there for 5 mins.

Shouldn’t have given it a time limit though, failed there; the amount of Villa fans that love to mock it.

Â