Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Schindler - Established 1874 (lifts)

Schindler's Lifts?  Good film that.

I always used to say that whenever I got in the lift at our old apartment. Until I said it in a humerous way to what turned out to be the family member of a holocaust survivor.

It was like a scene from The Office.(Scotch Egg Moment)

• Like 1

Yeah Arsenal do but they also have (had) a stadium to pay for. Also they have a much bigger fan base and have supporters willing to part with up to £90k per year for a season ticket

The game's gone mad!

Edited by Stevo985

I have nothing bad to say about Mr Fox's work at Villa, largely because I imagine (and hope) a lot of work is being done unseen to improve us.

However, I wish he'd waited to talk at least a week more as he's bringing the whole mini optimism spark right down with all this reality crap! We were all a little boosted by Gil, the FA Cup and Delph and then he goes and pours water on the fire by;

*Saying Lerner isn't a motivated seller

*We will take at least three to five years to get CLOSE to a European spot ("maybe")

*That we will likely never compete with the top five

Nothing is wrong with what he's saying, it's just....depressing!

I have nothing bad to say about Mr Fox's work at Villa, largely because I imagine (and hope) a lot of work is being done unseen to improve us.

However, I wish he'd waited to talk at least a week more as he's bringing the whole mini optimism spark right down with all this reality crap! We were all a little boosted by Gil, the FA Cup and Delph and then he goes and pours water on the fire by;

*We will take at least three to five years to get CLOSE to a European spot ("maybe")

Well, to be fair

*- I don't mind Lerner not being a motivated seller as long as he's going to be a motivated owner. What we can't have is him being neither. The club is still obviously for sale to the right party but I don't want it going to anyone just so he can wash his hands of it in a hurry.

*- He says 3-5 years to get close to the top 5. That's fine, in fact I think that's pretty rosy. 

*- He doesn't actually say that either, but he does say it won't happen within 5 years. I think that's fairly obvious without some sort of massive cash injection which is now prohibited anyway. We've got the 9th highest revenue in the league currently, if we can get that up to the 6th or 7th then maybe, if we get lucky, we might get a run on the top 4 again. I think that's the best we can hope for in the foreseeable, with a few cup runs thrown in. 

He's trotting out lots of corporate director speak, I'll give him that.

Doing his job then tbf. 

As long as the reality agrees with the statements then fine.  I suspect not, though.

Lerner isn't a motivated seller in the sense that he's tried everything and been unsuccessful. He'd gladly sell if there's a buyer. Don't see anything that's changed here apart from confirmation of the fact he's run the club horribly. 

Perhaps I got it wrong but I thought he meant getting close to the top 5 in terms of revenue, not particularly on the pitch ( although the two things are obviously connected ) - 3 to 5 years is an extremely rosy plan, tbh. Currently the worst of the top 5 is Liverpool with over 200 mil revenue. Villa sit on 100 mil. Doubling the revenue in 5 years would be a financial miracle from Fox and very very unlikely. But this doesn't mean Villa can't compete on the footballing side if they have a prudent manager and overachieve, even only briefly. 

We could be having parties registering interest in buying the club or even be in talks and Fox would still be coming out with lines about how Lerner is re-energised and acting like he bought the club only last week, right until we're actually sold. Fox is always going to portray Lerner's outlook on the club in a positive light.

Â