Tom Fox

Cracker1234

He's not going to sack a manager for being 12th and he's barely been in the job 5 minutes, and he's not completed a transfer window either so we don't know how he operates yet. And of course he's there to do the job Lerner wants him to do, what's he going to do knick 50 million quid out of Randy's bank account when he isn't looking and then sack the manager?

Did I mention 50 million quid? Did I ask for any money? also he's not just been here 5 minutes, he's been here 4.5 months (21st August) and as a CEO would've had time to evaluate his staff, his customers and his market in that time. Agree about what Lerner wants is the key component.

He's not going to sack a manager for being 12th and he's barely been in the job 5 minutes, and he's not completed a transfer window either so we don't know how he operates yet. And of course he's there to do the job Lerner wants him to do, what's he going to do knick 50 million quid out of Randy's bank account when he isn't looking and then sack the manager?

Sounds great to me!!

Saw this on twitter, presume it is from one of todays papers!

15g4ggk.jpg

Edit: nope, it is from 2012.

Hope he thinks winning is important here!!!!

He was the Chief COMMERCIAL Officer, of course marketing a football club is about more than the results for him, his job is about maintaining relationships with big businesses to fund the players that win those football matches.

Ridiculous.

• Like 1

Saw this on twitter, presume it is from one of todays papers!

15g4ggk.jpg

Edit: nope, it is from 2012.

Hope he thinks winning is important here!!!!

I find that headlines always tell the whole story. No reason to dig into the meat of the article.

• Like 1

Mr Fox, has been as us Villa fans are currently witnessing some of the least entertaining football this club has ever served, why not lower ticket prices all around the stadium? Say £30 for adults in all upper and middle tiers and £15 for kids aged 11-16, £10 for all kids up to the age of 11. For all lower tier seats you could charge £25 for adults, £13 for kids aged 11-16 and £5 for kids aged up to 11.

Ticket prices like those above might just mean that the team doesn't play in front of a 2/3 full stadium every time they play at home. Then, when the club is sold and we - the fans - have hope again, maybe you could increase the ticket prices again.

Edited by villarocker

Mr Fox, has been as us Villa fans are currently witnessing some of the least entertaining football this club has ever served, why not lower ticket prices all around around the stadium? 

Great sentence

To me he's hired to look after Randy's asset. Within that he can can be as enterprising as he likes - or he can just keep things ticking over. My hunch he will do the later, from his statements in interviews so far it doesn't seem like we are in for a brave new world. He isn't going to be like Cortese at Southampton.

I think the ticket prices are an issue across the league, despite the fact we have some of the cheapest tickets in the league its still too much money to pay out for what you get in return.

I used to have a season ticket, my last one was in the McLeish season and after that I decided the £1000 our tickets cost would be better spent on other things like going on holiday and I dont regret not having one since but one thing I have always done is go to Villa park on my birthday (28th December) but this season, at £30 a ticket x2 + petrol, parking, food and a few beers £85, its just too much.

• Like 1

I think the ticket prices are an issue across the league, despite the fact we have some of the cheapest tickets in the league its still too much money to pay out for what you get in return.

I used to have a season ticket, my last one was in the McLeish season and after that I decided the £1000 our tickets cost would be better spent on other things like going on holiday and I dont regret not having one since but one thing I have always done is go to Villa park on my birthday (28th December) but this season, at £30 a ticket x2 + petrol, parking, food and a few beers £85, its just too much.

If I don't have a season ticket - I find hardly ever have around £70 kicking around spare.  I tend to save up up for a season ticket ....or not go to many matches ! 

Â