Tom Fox

Cracker1234

We are only now getting a proper scouting set up ?...and only now getting a stats expert ?

If this reaaly is the case what on earth has lambert\ mcleish\ etc been doing ?

This stuff is fundamental surely ?

Its just window dressing mate...

PR Spin at its worst. Like it or not we are still in a scrap for PL survival. The 'grand Fox plan' wont get off the ground if we lose our PL status. Mr Fox, show us that this NOT BS by investing in January.

Typical club PR IMO.....talk alot, yet say nothing!

We got a man who is being positive and ambitous and it's all 'PR Spin'

People really will moan at anything.

....and no he shouldn't shouldn't show us by investing in January because frankly, there is zero value in January, only trash players that people want rid of and if you're a well run club with a man who knows business you will do your deals in the summer.

• Like 1

Interesting to see him praise Lambert for admitting his mistakes. Wonder if he'd care to share some of this with the fans, or maybe these conversations only take place in the cosy circle of Lerner-Lambert-Fox-Riley?

Why should he admit his mistake to the fans? I think that would be counter productive.

PR Spin at its worst. Like it or not we are still in a scrap for PL survival. The 'grand Fox plan' wont get off the ground if we lose our PL status. Mr Fox, show us that this NOT BS by investing in January.

....and no he shouldn't shouldn't show us by investing in January because frankly, there is zero value in January, only trash players that people want rid of and if you're a well run club with a man who knows business you will do your deals in the summer.

Well we're not a well run club.

And didn't we sign young and Carew in January? Didn't Liverpool sign Suarez in January?

• Like 2

Interesting to see him praise Lambert for admitting his mistakes. Wonder if he'd care to share some of this with the fans, or maybe these conversations only take place in the cosy circle of Lerner-Lambert-Fox-Riley?

The young and hungry approach? That is what first came to mind.

As I have said before, i prefer to think that it was Lambert's idea, and he had the guts to change his mind, rather than that he had been told to do it, and went along with that.

We are only now getting a proper scouting set up ?...and only now getting a stats expert ?

If this reaaly is the case what on earth has lambert\ mcleish\ etc been doing ?

This stuff is fundamental surely ?

No. Not at all - Patrick Riley was head of performance analytics here for seven years from 2004 to 2011 - brought into the club by David O'Leary. We've had someone employed to analyse data on performance and training for over a decade.

In terms of the scouting set up, Patrick Riley was Head of Recruitment from 2011 to 2012 before being snatched away by Liverpool - and we've always had a scouting set up that was comparable to our peers, even under Herbert.

What's interesting is why we've decided in the last two weeks to start shouting about it, apparently we've got a new man, Patrick Riley into the position of Director of Player Recruitment, but its not really a significant structure change, it's just bringing someone back into the fold.

I guess Tom Fox felt that now was a good time for a positive message - perhaps the story that makes most sense is that he's started to feel like he's got his feet under the table and is enthused about his job; that's nice for him and I guess good for us - but the only person that this 'proper scouting set up' and 'stats expert' is new to is Tom Fox.

I have given Lambert loads of time whilst being unsure of his capabilities, I am happy to give this guy time to see what he can do.

He does have a decent CV, and has a look about him, so I am hopeful.

And you have to aim high, no point in aiming for 12th, even if that is what you will be happy with.

And 6/7th is not really aiming ridiculously high.

This really is just a whole bunch of nothing. We're just getting PR from someone else. That doesn't mean the whole set up for the club will change. It doesn't really mean anything. Simple fact of the matter is even if the club is 'self sufficient' that doesn't mean we'll have any more investment. The only way success can come is a wealthy and willing backer at the top. That's just the way the league is now. Unless you have that it's just mediocrity forever (although even that is hard if you have a chairman who just isn't interested)

Ah a three year plan 10 years after a 5 year plan in which we aim to get where we were 4 years ago.

As far as I can see Fox is here to raise commercial revenue and not much else, I hope he manages it. Because if he does perhaps we can get rid of Lerner because I don't believe for one minute it will be used to make us a competitive side in the top half of the table.

That was my initial thoughts - but in the interview he says he is bringing in a new commercial director - so it looks like TF is 'running' the show..... I fully expect things to tick over much as before...

LOL.

Suarez to Liverpool.

Young to Villa.

Cahill to Chelsea.

Evra to Man U

Vidic to Man U.

What terrible value they were!

• Like 1

LOL.

Suarez to Liverpool.

Young to Villa.

Cahill to Chelsea.

Evra to Man U

Vidic to Man U.

What terrible value they were!

An someone may be getting Vlaar, Delph, maybe even Benteke. There are bargains to be had!!

• 3 weeks later...
Â