Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Most people seem to be assuming that as he hasn't sacked the manager he either

1. Is unable to as he doesn't have the authority

2. Doesn't know what he is doing

3. Is lame duck as basically all he is interested in is the numbers

4. Is already sending a report to Lerner to tell him to sack lambert

5. Or you give him advice on how to do his job which involved sacking the manager.

What about this, there may just ever so slightly be the chance that they do not want to sack the manager as working with him every day they see other things that they have a professional relationship and do not believe it is right to sack Paul and that that is the agreement.

Football is a results business. Lambert isn't get results. If Fox and Randy are really not even considering the possibility of a change in management because of some belief that Lambert is doing a good job then this football club really is doomed.

how do you know he isnt getting the results that have been set for him and isnt hitting his goals and objectives?

5. Or you give him advice on how to do his job which involved sacking the manager.

What about this, there may just ever so slightly be the chance that they do not want to sack the manager as working with him every day they see other things that they have a professional relationship and do not believe it is right to sack Paul and that that is the agreement.

Football is a results business. Lambert isn't get results. If Fox and Randy are really not even considering the possibility of a change in management because of some belief that Lambert is doing a good job then this football club really is doomed.

how do you know he isnt getting the results that have been set for him and isnt hitting his goals and objectives?

Wouldn't surprise me if the objectives/goals set for Lambert are predominantly based off the field.

You think the goals and objectives they have set are to avoid relegation by a small margin each season?

You think the goals and objectives they have set are to avoid relegation by a small margin each season?

I think the objectives are to maintain our Premier League status yes.

• Like 2

I can't see Lambert going anywhere unless things get really really bad. This year is a massive year for Tom Fox a lot of our sponsorship deals end and he needs to get the best possible deals and that as much as anything is a huge part of his job but when you hear him talk he seems to understand what a football is and what it needs to grow so it'll be interesting what targets get set in future. As many have said I think staying up is the main one this year. Hopefully next year the targets are a lot higher and if Lambert is still in charge and can't meet them Fox has the authority to sack him!

• Like 1

I can't see Lambert going anywhere unless things get really really bad. This year is a massive year for Tom Fox a lot of our sponsorship deals end and he needs to get the best possible deals and that as much as anything is a huge part of his job but when you hear him talk he seems to understand what a football is and what it needs to grow so it'll be interesting what targets get set in future. As many have said I think staying up is the main one this year. Hopefully next year the targets are a lot higher and if Lambert is still in charge and can't meet them Fox has the authority to sack him!

So at the moment they are, what??

In the relegation zone.

The writings on the wall

Things are really bad

But next season it'll be worse when we are in the championship.

The vultures will circle and Premier League teams will be in for

Guzan

Okore

Sanchez

Gill

Benteke

(Vlaar & Delph off anyway)

We'll be left with Lambert as manager (why sack him with his promotion record? Lerner will say) and Gabby as Captain.

That would simply be NOT FUNNY

In the relegation zone.

Give it 2 weeks. Next week's relevant fixtures:

Hull v Newcastle

Palace v Everton

Man U v Leicester

Stoke v QPR

Sunderland v Burnley

Arsenal v Villa

The following week's fixtures:

Villa v Chelsea

Leicester v Palace

City v Hull

QPR v Southampton

Swansea v Sunderland

Burnley v WBA

All going absolutely awfully [read: Villa 0 points, Hull 3 points, Palace 3 points, Sunderland 4 points, Burnley 4 points, Leicester 3 points, QPR 4 points) the table would look like:

15. Sunderland 24 pts

16. Burnley 24 pts

17. QPR  23 pts

18. Hull  22 pts

19. Villa 22 pts

20. Leicester 20 pts 

Likely? No. Possible? Yes.

If that perfect crapstorm happens, we're in very, very, very real trouble - and if we conspired to lose against Hull the following week, I'd not see any way out

Edited by P3te

Next week's relevant fixtures:

Hull v Newcastle - Toon in freefall 1-0/1-1

Palace v Everton - Everton cant score either atm 1-0/0-0

Man U v Leicester - 1/2/3/4-0 sure thing

Stoke v QPR - 1/2/3-0 sure thing

Sunderland v Burnley - 2-1/2-2/1-2 winner goes above us

Arsenal v Villa how many?-0 no goals no points

The following week's fixtures:

Villa v Chelsea 0-how many? no goals no points

Leicester v Palace 0-2

City v Hull how many?-0

QPR v Southampton 0-2

Swansea v Sunderland  2-1/2-2/1-2 S'land go above us?

Burnley v WBA 2-1/2-2/1-2 Burnley go above us?

Villa 0 points, Hull 1/3 points, Sunderland 0-6 points, Burnley 0-6 points, Leicester 0 points, QPR 0 points) the table would look like:

15. Villa 22 pts

16. Sunderland 20-26 pts/Villa 22 pts

17. Burnley 20-26 pts/Villa 22 pts

18. Hull  19-22 pts/Villa 22 pts

19. QPR  19 pts

20. Leicester 17 pts - gone

Only really bad not really really bad!!!

Lerner’s right-hand man said: “The game has changed significantly and financially it has moved on.

“The top five clubs, from a revenue perspective, are in a fairly different place to where we are now.

"I think top five is going to be very difficult for us in the period of three to five years. But we can get much closer to them in five years’ time.

“Ultimately, we want to get ourselves back into a place where we can at least see those clubs and be within touching distance of a maybe a place in Europe.

Our chairman [Lerner] has never been afraid to spend money on the club. But it is not sustainable and under the current regulations, it is not allowable for an owner to come in and put all of the funds in that are necessary to compete at the top of the Premier League.

“We need to put the club in a better position to be generating more of it’s own revenue.

“This is a big club and we need to be capturing more of the value from being Aston Villa Football Club than we are today.

“If we do that, it takes the pressure off the owner to put nothing but his own money in, which he has done significantly since he has purchased the club.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/even-aston-villa-admit-fabian-5054380

I think probably looking at the history and heritage of our club and where it stands in the history of the game and selling that into another brand in another industry where those core values apply. 

It's a shame Cadbury's colour isn't quite claret. I think that brands would look at our colours and see it doesn't quite fit. 

Emirate and Arsenal go hand in hand. 

What monster brands are claret and blue? 

Found one with Claret - Pioneer

Schindler - Established 1874 (lifts)

Edited by kidlewis

'Capturing more of the value from being Aston Villa Football Club'

Does this mean he wants to put the ticket prices up?

i am sure he will when they improve results on the field. Arsenal have the most expensive tickets dont they?

Yeah Arsenal do but they also have (had) a stadium to pay for. Also they have a much bigger fan base and have supporters willing to part with up to £90k per year for a season ticket. 

I think they should revamp part of the trinity to give a mid level ST experience. 

I have just seen that they have cashback on purchases. When did they start doing that?

I emailed General Krulak directly about that and had a few conversations about it..... not saying I came up with the idea, it's well established affiliate model, but I bet it's only been around three years or so. 

They should roll out a white label cashback site for fans and allow the money to be upscaled back into the club. Keeping more money within the club for purchases. 

The club buying power is pretty massive for SME's so they should absolutely milk that dry. Could easily generate £1m total.

Â