Tom Fox

Cracker1234

I Asked this in another thread,

Can someone tweet/email Mr Fox and ask him his thoughts on Southampton selling out against the mighty Ipswich over a week ago 32k!

To save you asking this in any other threads, haven't you got an email address? Email him yourself.
  • Like 4

I've posted in the Paul Lambert thread that Randy is unlikely to pull the trigger, but it will be interesting to see what Tom Fox's reaction to the style of football, the falling gate receipts and the reaction of the away crowd is.

As CEO would he / can he fire the manager himself?

• 2 weeks later...

Another lame duck CEO by the looks of it - just absolutely nothing has changed - I was hoping he might be a bit more hands on - and be a tougher task master than Lerner - but he seems almost anonymous. Reckon he will jump ship first chance he gets 

Another lame duck CEO by the looks of it - just absolutely nothing has changed - I was hoping he might be a bit more hands on - and be a tougher task master than Lerner - but he seems almost anonymous. Reckon he will jump ship first chance he gets 

Those are a hell of a lot of assumptions you've made, especially when most of his work is behind the scenes.

• Like 4

I have only heard one interview with Tom Fox and I know talk is cheap but I thought he came across well and appeared to know exactly what he was talking about.

It seemed from his interview that his main brief was to increase revenue via sponsorships etc. In that regard you would imagine Aston Villa is currently a very hard sell. We are gaining the reputation of being the most boring team in the country and the only stats associated with us are negative ones.

I don't know how much he would be involved in the firing and hiring of managers but I would imagine he is making his feelings known to Randy as what is currently happening on the pitch isn't doing him any favors in terms of increasing revenue and helping to take the club forward.

• Like 4

I would imagine he is making his feelings known to Randy as what is currently happening on the pitch isn't doing him any favors in terms of increasing revenue and helping to take the club forward.

I think the most effective, and realistic, thing Fox could do is file a report to Lerner that identifies a series of potential partnerships with the caveat and none of them are interested while we're as dull as we are, and suggesting possible remedies for that malaise, ranging from additional funds to a managerial replacement. This side of things is business, and it'll be full of files, reports and paperwork, with SWOT analyses, swanky charts and deconstruction of finances, both ours and case studies on other teams. 

You don't see results from that in 5 months. I doubt the guy has even fully finished his first major report on the state of where we are, or built a comprehensive strategy yet.

What Tom Fox does ain't football, it's numbers

• Like 4

The style of football wont just have an effect on the fans, this will also have an effect on sponsors. I've read quite a few articles written by american press how we are the dullest sports team in the world...and its true. This will have an effect on sponsorship income as well as income through the gates. 

At the moment i don't see ANY positives what so ever in keeping Lambert, but i don't really know whether Fox has the power to replace him. Ultimately i think its down to the Chairman, who has little interest in the brand or style of football as long as we stay in the Premier League until we are sold. 

Fox is here to run the show.

In a recent interview he said he was to appoint a commercial director. So whilst no doubt he will have an interest in this area - he is higher up the pecking order.

A few months ago both Moyes and Pullis were unemployed. Villa didn't move - Contrast this with Cortese (CEO)  at Southampton - Who sacked Adkins and got in Ponchenti - or Peace at WBA - who seen him team slide - and acted to save there premiership status.....

Him only being here a few months doesn't cut it for me....he either doesn't know what to do - or has no power to do anything - either way he's more of the same..... 

Really cannot see him being in a position to do anything about the manager.

He might well point out the damage that is being done to the club while he remains but it would be down to Lerner and he simply wont act.

Wasnt there rumours of the fall out between Lerner and Faulkner because one wanted to terminate Lamberts tenure?

Most people seem to be assuming that as he hasn't sacked the manager he either

1. Is unable to as he doesn't have the authority

2. Doesn't know what he is doing

3. Is lame duck as basically all he is interested in is the numbers

4. Is already sending a report to Lerner to tell him to sack lambert

5. Or you give him advice on how to do his job which involved sacking the manager.

What about this, there may just ever so slightly be the chance that they do not want to sack the manager as working with him every day they see other things that they have a professional relationship and do not believe it is right to sack Paul and that that is the agreement.

• Like 2

5. Or you give him advice on how to do his job which involved sacking the manager.

What about this, there may just ever so slightly be the chance that they do not want to sack the manager as working with him every day they see other things that they have a professional relationship and do not believe it is right to sack Paul and that that is the agreement.

Football is a results business. Lambert isn't get results. If Fox and Randy are really not even considering the possibility of a change in management because of some belief that Lambert is doing a good job then this football club really is doomed.

Both Houllier & McLeish got the sack because the results werent good enough for Aston Villa Football Club. Lambert is not performing any better so as a fan I would ask what has changed the criteria by which the manager is judged?

Both Houllier & McLeish got the sack because the results werent good enough for Aston Villa Football Club. Lambert is not performing any better so as a fan I would ask what has changed the criteria by which the manager is judged?

Houllier never got sacked due to results, it was due to his ill-health and the major plans he had for Villa to revamp squad, he wanted to let go the likes of Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Ireland etc for nothing and effectively start again, however Lerner wanted these players to be used as it would cost alot to just get rid of them.

Â