Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Has to be part of his job in a 4-4-2, though.

He just doesn't look the part in a central duo at the moment.

Yeah, true. He isn't suited to that system, he lacks the mobility to pivot.

He works fine in a 3 as the DM from what I've seen. Today he intercepted well a few times.

Yep in a two he hasn't got the dynamism required.

This.

Let's also remember that he was brought on today to replace an injured Cleverley. Either way, I don't think Sanchez had a bad game.

• Like 1

He works fine in a 3 as the DM from what I've seen. Today he intercepted well a few times.

This.

Let's also remember that he was brought on today to replace an injured Cleverley. Either way, I don't think Sanchez had a bad game.

Yep, I though he did fine. He was a rock. He's known as The Rock. He's not known as The Creator.

Ahh lets not beat around the bush no more, he has had time to settle in now, he isn't very good and is an accident waiting to happen. He has cost us several goals already in the Hull game at home, QPR, Arsenal.

Always thought it was strange that he has only played for shite clubs like Elche previously and it's become obvious now. He is shite. Give me Westwood over Sanchez all day long.

He has a cool afro though!

Edited by donnie

He had a shaky start here but then found some form and confidence and started to look good, however since the turn of the year has gone off the boil. I think there's a decent player in there, but he really needs to concentrate on the ball more and show  more awareness of what's happening around him. 

As pointed out above, he's too much of a liability to play in a 2, he can only play in a system with 3 central midfielders. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

He is a defensive midfielder not a central midfielder. Westwood should have come on for Cleverley yesterday because they're two similar players, Sanchez should only be played when we play with three midfielders. 

This.

Yep, I though he did fine. He was a rock. He's known as The Rock. He's not known as The Creator.

He actually beat Gomis once or twice in battle, which no-one else did.

He certainly has the ability to play in this league he is just inconsistent.

Like one of the posters said he needs a good pre-season. He actually looks a bit unfit to me. Might need to lose some pounds. 

The other thing that worries me is his lack of mobility in comparison to our other midfielders.  

I hope he comes good. 

He's a pure defensive midfielder, if he has to pass more than 10 yards then the team is set up wrong.

A 3 man midfield has a destroyer (Sanchez), a passer (Westwood) and a player to push forward (Delph).

That's what we should be playing.

• Like 2

Â