Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

He put in a great tackle to start move for Benteke's second goal and overall he closes down well , wins the ball in the air  and breaks up play.He just needs to keep his concentration levels up and he always asks for the ball but is liable to make one or 2 bad pass's every game.He needs to eradicate that or he will be out of the team.

To be fair I think Sanchez has the technique. He can pass and move the ball about well. It seems more a mentality thing, every now and then he seems very lax and dopey in posession which leads him to putting himself under pressure unnecessarily and giving the ball away in stupid areas. A lot of it is awareness about what is around him and the time he has on the ball. I had hoped he would be up to speed on that by now.

I thought he was excellent first half, really top draw, a different player in a three and really allowed Delph, Cleverly, Bacuna and Richardson to kick on.

Second half it was back to the bad Carlos, maybe we can explain it with fitness issues I'm not sure.

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

I think Sanchez might just be alright with a pre-season in England behind him, but he's a bit of a liability at the moment. 

Still needs to adapt to the pace of the english game. Maybe next season we will see a really good defensive midfield player.

• Like 1

I thought he was abysmal.

He did everything the role asks?

Giving the ball away? Turned easily far too often and sent off?

Honestly thought he was dreadful. Agree with collymore who just tweeted his red card is a blessing in disguise.

my man of the match today always in the right spot and Eriksen was anonymous

red was harsh as that cretin Mason dived for 1st yellow

When he got the red I applauded. A lot of our players were too focused on getting that ball back and a lot of Spurs players were open for a counter. 

I thought he was abysmal.

He did everything the role asks?

Giving the ball away? Turned easily far too often and sent off?

Honestly thought he was dreadful. Agree with collymore who just tweeted his red card is a blessing in disguise.

Agreed. He always wants to long on the ball.

Â