Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Playing 4-4-2 without the players to play in that system is pretty dumb. Sherwood's a very basic manager at the end of the day.

Yes but who else could he have picked to make up the three?

Gil? Bacuna? Zog? Cole?

Playing 4-4-2 without the players to play in that system is pretty dumb. Sherwood's a very basic manager at the end of the day.

Gil? Bacuna? Zog? Cole?

I agree with Isa, Sanchez had good games over xmas playing in a 4-3-3. Everyone was raving about the Sunderland performance but I was more impressed with his Man. United game.

He dosen't have the mobility to play in a two man midfield.

Gil? Bacuna? Zog? Cole?

Gil? Bacuna? Zog? Cole?

They are not really central midfield players though. . 

Defensive midfielder in not being very good going forward shocker.

His job is to break up the play not make forward runs to get into the opposition box 

Edited by AshVilla

He isn't a dynamic/energetic player who can work box to box, he's a defensive midfielder who we've seen play at his best when.. Well, defending.

Yes in one or two games but most games he has been sloppy in possession and what was he doing for the first goal. No effort at all

He'd do well in a 3 man midfield with Cleverley and Delph. In a 2 man midfield is when he struggles.

He's really good in Colombia's two-man midfield in a 4-2-3-1

That's not really the same thing though is it? The central of the 3 provides a certain nuisance factor regardless of their work rate and/or defensive ability. It also provides him with a forward outlet not available in a standard 4-4-2 midfield.

I didn't really understand his role on Saturday and I was left thinking that neither did he.

He isn't a dynamic/energetic player who can work box to box, he's a defensive midfielder who we've seen play at his best when.. Well, defending.

Yes in one or two games but most games he has been sloppy in possession and what was he doing for the first goal. No effort at all

Think he suffering from trying to adapt from the English game. People can say what they want but if you look at Sanchez, Gil, Di Maria, Falcao (although it was Monaco, but used to the Spanish game), etc.. I don't think it's coincidence. Some adapt quicker (Costa) but some don't as fast. IMO I think he needs more matches, but maybe not now, as all matches are crucial at this point. 

Edited by clayton8321

He'd do well in a 3 man midfield with Cleverley and Delph. In a 2 man midfield is when he struggles.

He's really good in Colombia's two-man midfield in a 4-2-3-1

That's not really the same thing though is it? The central of the 3 provides a certain nuisance factor regardless of their work rate and/or defensive ability. It also provides him with a forward outlet not available in a standard 4-4-2 midfield.

I didn't really understand his role on Saturday and I was left thinking that neither did he.

Are you talking about the "3" in a 4231?

Yes. Even if that player is an all out attacking midfielder, like a James, it gives the opposing midfield something to think about. It forces one of their own central three to retreat and it gives somebody like Sanchez more time on the ball, something he seems to need too much of right now.

Carrick couldn't believe his luck on Saturday. He literately just had to be "there".

• Like 3

Yes. Even if that player is an all out attacking midfielder, like a James, it gives the opposing midfield something to think about. It forces one of their own central three to retreat and it gives somebody like Sanchez more time on the ball, something he seems to need too much of right now.

Carrick couldn't believe his luck on Saturday. He literately just had to be "there".

This is exactly what we should be doing with Gil, have him playing the 'James' role with, let's say, Delph and Sanchez behind him. 

This is exactly what we should be doing with Gil, have him playing the 'James' role with, let's say, Delph and Sanchez behind him.

Completely agree. If not Gil then N'Zogbia or even Sinclair need to be positioned more centrally IMO.

Â