Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I thought he was abysmal.

He did everything the role asks?

Giving the ball away? Turned easily far too often and sent off?

Honestly thought he was dreadful. Agree with collymore who just tweeted his red card is a blessing in disguise.

Tactical red card, not sure what else he was supposed to do.

He harried, tackled, and broke up play. Sure, his passing wasn't great but we aren't exactly in the market for Matic and Modric.

As for Collymore, the man is a clown. How can we afford to lose anyone right now?

Injuries mounting up and losing a member of the first 11 is a blessing?

Yes, brilliant Collymore. Now go back to supporting Wolves you cretin.

• Like 1

He wasn't that good overall. For every good thing he did he'd do something poor, like giving the ball away. That red card was utterly retarded too, he's a liability. 

Last minute, 1-0 up against a team breaking away?

Yeah, retarded, Should have bottled the tackle and let them attack I suppose.

• Like 3

He wasn't that good overall. For every good thing he did he'd do something poor, like giving the ball away. That red card was utterly retarded too, he's a liability.

Last minute, 1-0 up against a team breaking away?

Yeah, retarded, Should have bottled the tackle and let them attack I suppose.

No didn't say that. Just a poor ending for a poor game IMO.

I'm not sure I've known a player who is so close to being absolutely class but at the same time being so close to awful. Hopefully he can build on his first season in the prem and sway more towards class or at least have a bigger margin of that middle ground.

No problem with his second yellow today, it was possibly needed.

He did pretty well, got stuck in, defends admirably. Far from abysmal that's for sure. The first yellow was somewhat reckless but the second was taking one for the team.

• Like 4

I thought he had a decent game today but the usual couple of occasions where he thought no one was within 10ft of him when there were players.

I thought the foul was a yellow, wasn't two footed, just late so worth an appeal.

Edit; Didn't realise he went off for two yellows, thought it was a straight red at the end.

Yeah we need Westwood back as 4-4-2 won't work v Liverpool imo. We need 3 centrally.

Edited by VillaChris

Terrible player who can't read the game well at all and is a liability. He gets left standing in midfield which means other players have to cover for him. He is gonna have to really improve next season and he may well do that as many a player has struggled in their first season in the Premier League.

Terrible player who can't read the game well at all and is a liability. He gets left standing in midfield which means other players have to cover for him. He is gonna have to really improve next season and he may well do that as many a player has struggled in their first season in the Premier League.

I thought I was the only one. For once I agree completely with you.

The red was absolutely taking one for the team. Still harsh by the ref but Sanchez couldn't let the attack break.

Seemed to play well to me. There was a turn he did near our area at the end of the game where I almost shit myself, but he came out of about 3 players with the ball and made a great pass to set up a dangerous attack.

He did pretty well, got stuck in, defends admirably. Far from abysmal that's for sure. The first yellow was somewhat reckless but the second was taking one for the team.

the 1st yellow was for multiple fouls but Mason made a meal of it

The red was absolutely taking one for the team. Still harsh by the ref but Sanchez couldn't let the attack break.

It wasn't harsh by the ref to be fair. That was a clear and obvious yellow card.

What was shit by the ref was not giving any of the two fouls on our players just before that.

• Like 1

It wasn't harsh by the ref to be fair. That was a clear and obvious yellow card.

What was shit by the ref was not giving any of the two fouls on our players just before that.

Disagree on the first point, agree thoroughly on the second.

I'd love a gif of the tackle. A foul yes, but a yellow? If that's a yellow so is every foul in the game.

Edited by darrenm

Was about to say this myself.

The incident only occured due to the ref letting two clear fouls go on our players. He (The ref) was diabolical for the last 10 minutes, quite clearly trying to give them a chance imo.

Â