Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Generally, I like Sanchez too.....he has had some fair criticism and some unfair criticism IMO

Its horses for courses with Players.

He hasn't got the quickest of feet but he has got physical presence. He has had some good games i.e Sunderland at Home and he has had some not so good games...I have read where he has got criticised for poor passing, in some cases it is so, but in others it has been poor positional play from the recipient player.

We need to be sure he is played in the role that gets maximum effect for the team....over to you Tim.

Edited by TRO

Generally, I like Sanchez too.....he has had some fair criticism and some unfair criticism IMO

Its horses for courses with Players.

He hasn't got the quickest of feet but he has got physical presence. He has had some good games i.e Sunderland at Home and he has had some not so good games...I have read where he has got criticised for poor passing, in some cases it is so, but in others it has been poor positional play from the recipient player.

We need to be sure he is played in the role that gets maximum effect for the team....over to you Tim.

Sorry TRO but in the case of the Arsenal game it was "poor passing" in the extreme and nothing to do with "poor positional play". It was one of the worst Villa midfield player performances I had seen in years. That said I think Sanchez just had a very bad day at the office and can still do a job for us.

Well he actually got into the opposing penalty box against WBA, only once, but I don't think I had ever seen him that far forward before.

his scoring record is decent for a defensive midfielder. was 1 in 8 in France

I thought he looked shaky and nervous, and gave away his usual couple of dangerous FKs.

Not a centre half though, and did enough to keep them out, so no huge complaints.

Still can't quite nail down what exactly he is.

I maintain that he's somehow fast and slow at the same time.

I did think when introduced at the back that he could cost us the game from 4-0 up but I can't help but love the man.

You genuinely think that he, single-handedly could have gifted Sunderland at least 4 goals in 25 odd minutes? 

I did think when introduced at the back that he could cost us the game from 4-0 up but I can't help but love the man.

You genuinely think that he, single-handedly could have gifted Sunderland at least 4 goals in 25 odd minutes?

No I was joking.

Awful. Doesnt contribute anything going forward. Passing is slow and negative. Defensively isnt strong and loses possession too easily.

Rapidly declining too.

I agree that he was poor but offensive contribution isn't his job or what he was signed for.

Awful. Doesnt contribute anything going forward. Passing is slow and negative. Defensively isnt strong and loses possession too easily.

Rapidly declining too.

I agree that he was poor but offensive contribution isn't his job or what he was signed for.

Has to be part of his job in a 4-4-2, though.

He just doesn't look the part in a central duo at the moment.

Â