Aly Cissokho

samjp26

He's a pretty awful footballer to be honest. Will be happy when he goes. Championship quality really. Okay at doing basic defending but is useless with the ball at his feet.

Edited by PieFacE

His debut at Stoke was excellent, defended well, whipped in some great balls and looked a real find. He never seemed to quite find that again. 

Aly put in one or two great balls, whipped with pace.Then the final 20 when Stoke launched it, he was winning everything in the air.

The whole defence was great, damn, if ever there was a false dawn, that game was it

Once cost €15m and now, at not even 28, can't even get a game over Kieron Richardson.

A strange career.

I remember a Champions League tie vs United when he was brilliant over 2 legs and looked dangerous entering the opposition half

he really has had a strange career Porto, Lyon, Valencia, Liverpool on his former clubs and nearly MIlan only for dental reasons

He's a pretty awful footballer to be honest. Will be happy when he goes. Championship quality really. Okay at doing basic defending but is useless with the ball at his feet.

The classic championship tag thrown at him. Load of tosh.

Decent player - but won't fit into Tim's plans.

Could put a decent ball in the box even with his size 18 feet.

• Like 1

He couldn't really put a decent ball to the box. Every time he managed to get in a position to put a cross in (which was hardly ever I might add) it was head down and kick it in. Had no idea where our players were. How many assists did he get from his crossing? Bacuna is a good crosser of the ball, he actually finds people.

Aly was rubbish, every move broke down when he got involved. Terrible player, so glad Tim doesn't rate him.

He couldn't really put a decent ball to the box. Every time he managed to get in a position to put a cross in (which was hardly ever I might add) it was head down and kick it in. Had no idea where our players were. How many assists did he get from his crossing? Bacuna is a good crosser of the ball, he actually finds people.

Aly was rubbish, every move broke down when he got involved. Terrible player, so glad Tim doesn't rate him.

One is a winger and the other is a defender.

I'm not a huge fan of attacking full backs. His primary job should be to defend (which he does well IMO) not to get forward to whip crosses into the box (isn't that's what wingers are for?). He'd be perfect in a 4-4-2. Tim obviously isn't going to play that way so he's automatically surplus to requirements. Shame.

Edited by Supervillan78

I'm not a huge fan of attacking full backs. His primary job should be to defend (which he does well IMO) not to get forward to whip crosses into the box (isn't that's what wingers are for?). He'd be perfect in a 4-4-2. Tim obviously isn't going to play that way so he's automatically surplus to requirements. Shame.

Get with the times!

I seem to remember a game he somehow got into opponent box and made an absolute shocker of a shot. was a solid defender though but best for his career if he goes elsewhere

he did score this wondergoal though

Â