Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How's Hammill done out of interest?

Saw lots of Simeon at Walsall. Striker who's had a good career scoring goals at all levels in England and he poached a few for Walsall but generally looked like a striker who was simply playing out his career now. Was also offside a ridiculous amount in games. Of course I realise St Mirren's budget means you can't just go after Aguero!

Hammill was doing well for club but signed short term deal until jan then went as soon as club down here Scunthorpe made him offer took him on free. He was on good money at club but will be on more at Scunthorpe probably by 2k more a week but he got his fitness up, scored few wonder goals then went Scunthorpe who have now sacked their manager week or so ago.

most st mirren offer player is up to £1k a week. Some are on £500/700 a  week

thsts the market clubs in Scotland that are not bigger clubs (secco, Celtic, Aberdeen, hearts and hibs who can all offer twice wages at least plus s little more compared to other smaller clubs ) are shopping in so it’s hard to find many players with required quality, wages in line so living off scraps that other clubs dismiss.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

We still struggle with wages as do most clubs outside the 2 uglies although agree we can pay a little more than St Mirren.

This was highlighted when Aberdeen lost Adam Rooney to an English non league club ( Salford ?)  as they could offer him twice the wage that the dons could.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Hammill was doing well for club but signed short term deal until jan then went as soon as club down here Scunthorpe made him offer took him on free. He was on good money at club but will be on more at Scunthorpe probably by 2k more a week but he got his fitness up, scored few wonder goals then went Scunthorpe who have now sacked their manager week or so ago.

most st mirren offer player is up to £1k a week. Some are on £500/700 a  week

thsts the market clubs in Scotland that are not bigger clubs (secco, Celtic, Aberdeen, hearts and hibs who can all offer twice wages at least plus s little more compared to other smaller clubs ) are shopping in so it’s hard to find many players with required quality, wages in line so living off scraps that other clubs dismiss.

Christ, £500 is roughly what micah Richards "earns" about every hour if he is on the reported 80k a week he got when he joined us.

11 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Christ, £500 is roughly what micah Richards "earns" about every hour if he is on the reported 80k a week he got when he joined us.

Yep, to put it into context many  clubs in National League can afford pay better wages than majority clubs in Scottish Premiership

Suggesting players who’s wages fall in line is a great learning curve for me and learning all the time. Can be pretty hard find the good players and at same time can get outbid by other clubs.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

We still struggle with wages as do most clubs outside the 2 uglies although agree we can pay a little more than St Mirren.

This was highlighted when Aberdeen lost Adam Rooney to an English non league club ( Salford ?)  as they could offer him twice the wage that the dons could.

i've been doing some player scouting freelance for Salford this season will  be interesting see if they follow through as few suggestions  in summer or if they get promoted as am in contact with few people at the club.

But you are right i think Adam Rooney is on around double what Aberdeen could offer him.

I lost a few suggestions  when at my old club... 6 players in total  due to other clubs (in League 1 and League 2 clubs)  out bidding my old club wage wise when the players was free agents or very close to being out of contract. :P

Edited by Villan4Life

Anyone who watched the game that can explain why this wasn't even a yellow? :D 

brak1.jpg

Obviously he didn't really connect with the punch, although it's hard to tell from the video. But even just throwing a punch like that is surely a red.

Can't really fault the lad for wanting to punch Scott Brown thou.

Does anyone even care anymore. Two shit clubs one who has been dominating for last ten years. 

How anyone in Scotland find Scottish football even the slightest bit interesting is beyond me. 

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Eck probably the worst manager we ever had and we have had some shitters in recent years. 

Tactical Genius of Hesky on the wing and the only manager to employ the "play not to conceed too many" tactic. 

I agree but on the last point I think we've had more than just him play that way, he was just the only one who admitted it

I think this is the correct decision surely there is some younger forward thinking manager in Scotland?  They have SJM, Fraser and Robertson who are decent so should be challenging for runners up spots in qualification I would hope!

11 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Clearly sacked just because he used to manage SHA. The fans never gave him a chance! Either that or he is just shit.

In fairness I don't think he ever used that excuse himself unlike some other manager

Think it has to be Moyes

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In fairness I don't think he ever used that excuse himself unlike some other manager

Yep, it was more the media that spun that one iirc.

Re. McLeish, I actually like the bloke. Whenever I've heard him in interviews he comes across as friendly and quite humble and I don't think he could believe his luck when he got to manage us (although he probably wasn't as shocked as us!). Since he's left I can't remember him having a pop at the club either.

Absolute car crash of a football manager though 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Yep, it was more the media that spun that one iirc.

Re. McLeish, I actually like the bloke. Whenever I've heard him in interviews he comes across as friendly and quite humble and I don't think he could believe his luck when he got to manage us (although he probably wasn't as shocked as us!). Since he's left I can't remember him having a pop at the club either.

Absolute car crash of a football manager though 😁

I bet he couldn't believe his luck when he got the villa job, still fries my brain how Lerner and Faulkner thought it was a good appointment. I don't think any ex villa manager has ever had a pop at the club either really.

I doubt he will manage again tbh

Â