Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, S-Platt said:

@newhavenhibby Dundee can decide if Dundee Utd get promoted.  Is it a religious divide like Glasgow and Edinburgh? 

Any love loss between the 2?

How do you see it playing out as obviously Hearts go down if Dundee Utd come up!?

No religious divide anywhere else in Scotland outside the uglies in Glasgow. Just typical local rivalry as between Villa and the Alliance.

Nobody, including the SPFL, know what is going on. Some sources say Dundee voted against , SPFL saying they received no such vote?, Dundee involved on social media with ICT and Partick before voting and seemingly agreeing to vote no .........? 

At present I cannot see a re structure of the SPL as it needs 11 out of 12 votes for this to go ahead so at present  unless they can get closed doors games going soon, I feel the Leagues will end as they are now. They need a decision soon to pay out prize money to keep a lot of the smaller clubs afloat.

Don't get fooled by the sevco statements taking the morale high ground in the interest of all the smaller clubs in Scotland. They purely are trying to stop the smellies winning a 9th title on the trot. If they had been top of the SPL they would have voted to end the season but since they think there is a small chance they would catch Celtic they don't wan't to concede.....idiots.

Best result would be to null and void season and payout prize money as the positions stood prior to covid 19.

Yet another example of the poor running of the game up here where officials consider the fortunes of only 2 clubs...........FFS they cannot even organise a simple vote, so there is no hope.

However on a different level it is only a game of football and there are more important concerns in the country at present so I will take whatever they decide for next season.......just renewed my season ticket but not too sure when I will use it or indeed how many games I will see  but the club needs all the help it can get at present.

Stay safe all of you Villains.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2020 at 13:58, Zatman said:

Protest about the league ending early in Scotland has made it to Parliament and is led by a DUP MP. 

Can somebody not kick Rangers and Celtic out of football. Scumbag clubs

Been trying for years but who would have them................ I would not wish a city or town being invaded by their supporters ( loose terminology) anywhere in the World. 

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

Living in Aberdeen, I have a perspective on this...but you are right nobody would want them!

Personally I dislike Celtic more, their fans seem to be the most arrogant and dislikeable based on my experience.

Rangers have been a little more humbled over the last few years and that has made some difference.

14 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Living in Aberdeen, I have a perspective on this...but you are right nobody would want them!

Personally I dislike Celtic more, their fans seem to be the most arrogant and dislikeable based on my experience.

Rangers have been a little more humbled over the last few years and that has made some difference.

In Hibs experience we find sevco worse than the smellies.  That goes for the old Glasgow Rangers and The Rangers (sevco)  I would not worry about walking amongst Celtic fans to and from the game ( end of last year, we were travelling back to the centre of Glasgow from Hampdump, on the bus which was full of Celtic fans, but even when they saw I was Hibs they were great,.......helped they won I suppose😀)   but there is no way I would be anywhere near sevco fans......total scum. ( of course all teams have some roasters but I am talking in general)

Celtic may seem more arrogant at present,. as for 9 seasons they have had no competition leading them to believe they are Barcelona. 🤣

Edited by newhavenhibby

Correct.......back to Irish history and the IRA etc. Only have to see the response to the minutes silence at Remembrance and some players refusing to wear a poppy on their shirt.

Sevco on the other hand , its like going to the Last Night of the Proms.😀

49 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Must be cos I'm English then, Celtic hate the English!

I think its mainly the idiotic IRA fans that do, rest of Celtic fans just have a chip on there shoulder 

I think they feel because they were 1st British team to win the European Cup that it gets very little attention 

Â