Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

On 27/04/2019 at 08:51, VillaJ100 said:

The houllier team is a bit of a what could have been. They started to look like they had an actual system and gameplan probably for the last time until now. Sadly an old fella with heart problems is not a good fit for villa manager!

I remember it differently, flirted with relegation all year.. then Houllier went away with illness leaving Gary McAllister in charge who won 8 of the last 10 games or something to get us up to 8th from 17th or something.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Junxs said:

I remember it differently, flirted with relegation all year.. then Houllier went away with illness leaving Gary McAllister in charge who won 8 of the last 10 games or something to get us up to 8th from 17th or something.

I think McAllister only managed 2 games for us in Houllier's absence - won both I think?

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think McAllister only managed 2 games for us in Houllier's absence - won both I think?

He managed the final 5, Houillier was admitted before the Stoke game.

Won 2 (Arsenal and Liverpool), drew 2, lost away to the baggies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Neil Lennon says any manager who succeeded Brendan Rodgers at Celtic this season would have needed "the hide of a rhinoceros and big cojones".

Lennon took charge in February after Rodgers left for Leicester City with his side one third of the way towards a third treble in a row.

Lennon secured Celtic's eighth successive title on Saturday, with the Scottish Cup final to come.

"I certainly have a rhino hide," Lennon said after the 3-0 win at Aberdeen.

"On the outside it probably looks easy but on the inside there was a lot of discontent and agitation around the club at the time. You had to keep calm.

"I'm here to do a job and I've done it. I didn't ask for the job - I got asked to do it short term. I am pleased with my staff for helping me through it.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48161510

Well done Neil. Tremendous effort. Tremendous job you have done there.

Incredible in fact. What a manager. What a guy.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Well done Neil. Tremendous effort. Tremendous job you have done there.

Incredible in fact. What a manager. What a guy.

Brilliant. They're basically equivalent to early 2000's Arsenal playing in league 1.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Former Villa keeper Benji Siegrist is having a blinder against John McGinn's brothers in some sort of Scotch playoff game I'm using to kill these interminable hours.

Interesting! 

• 3 weeks later...

Well any goodwill Steve Clarke had as new Scotland manager has just evaporated.

Euro 2020 qualifier away in Belgium tonight, Clarke himself states Scotland must be perfect to try and stop them.

Forrest, Fraser & McGinn all on the bench and Andy Robertson not even in the squad, Oh Dear...

Edited by LakotaDakota

On 11/06/2019 at 18:37, LakotaDakota said:

Well any goodwill Steve Clarke had as new Scotland manager has just evaporated.

Euro 2020 qualifier away in Belgium tonight, Clarke himself states Scotland must be perfect to try and stop them.

Forrest, Fraser & McGinn all on the bench and Andy Robertson not even in the squad, Oh Dear...

Robertson apparently picked up an injury in the last game and Clarke started with a side to just defend and to a certain extent, park the bus.

Was surprised McGinn didn't come on when they needed a goal and legs were getting tired. 

Too early to really get an impression on how his tenure is going to develop the Scottish national side.

2 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

Robertson apparently picked up an injury in the last game and Clarke started with a side to just defend and to a certain extent, park the bus.

Was surprised McGinn didn't come on when they needed a goal and legs were getting tired. 

Too early to really get an impression on how his tenure is going to develop the Scottish national side.

He parked it well enough for the most part i guess. They just forgot to close the windows.

Pretty much always lose 2-0 to Belgium regardless of who is in charge/playing so it didn't really matter either way i guess & after getting dicked by Borats cousins in the first game none of it really matters again anyway :(

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Rangers punished by UEFA for persistent sectarian chanting so they had to close a section of Ibrox last night against Warsaw.  Warsaw fans somehow managed to sneak this in: 

Artur Boruc (ex Warsaw and ex Celtic) was in the away end too. 

• Haha 3

Not only that but also the dozens of flares which they got in  that stopped play in the second half....................don't think the stewards / Police fancied searching them so just opened the exit gates to get them in ASAP having frog marched them from the city centre 😀

Good on UEFA for taking action against the sectarian singing that has been going on for years which the SFA and Sevco ( and Smeltic on the other side of the city)  have been sweeping under the carpet. Sevco even play "Simply the Best" over the tannoy regularly and think most fans are singing the Tina Turner words!! 🤣 

Two of the pundits and ex Rangers thought the orange colour that they have worn and still do has something to do with a tribute to the Dutch players that have played for them !...........knew nothing about Irish history...........bet a few of them would be surprised to know that the Pope backed William against James 2'nd at the battle of the Boyne. 😮

Edited by newhavenhibby

As if he didn't already play out of his skin for the OF games.....well, that comment hasn't really helped the blue side of Glasgow for next time. Rivalry, yes but this is awful. Reminds me of JG's younger brother and the comments some SHA cretin made.

We have our own idiots too by the way. Some people are just sick.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Sad 3

They always sing their song about the death of his sister whenever he plays against them.......morons. It would have been sung on Sunday but as usual the authorities and sevco would have ignored it along with the sash and other UVF songs. They also sing it when they play us as he started at Hibs. ( at the age of 13, incidentally he had been rejected by both the uglies at this point)

They are the dregs of Scottish football I am afraid and whenever we play them we have to be prepared for all their vitriol ( I know many fans who don't go to the sevco game because of their antics, especially those with families) and the possibility of rebuilding the toilets in their end plus umpteen seats to be replaced.

I am just grateful that the rivalry between us and Hearts does not involve religion. There are a few youngsters who are wannabee uglies who try to emulate them with Union flags and tricolours but fortunately very few.

All clubs have an element you would rather won't associated with you but they seem to have more than most.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

@newhavenhibby..... I'm mildly surprised you say there's little of that sectarian stuff going on between hibs and hearts. I thought (jokingly) that hearts fans were rangers fans but without the bus fare. You would obviously know better than most on here of course, but it's good to hear you say that. 

Young neds on both sides of Edinburgh try to emulate the uglies but they are few and far between and tend to get shouted down by the older support.

Ann Budge at Hearts shut the part of the ground where they tended to group and cause trouble ( not only religious stuff) which has helped them.

A few youngsters at Hibs only bring the tricolour out when we play sevco or Hearts but they  get short shrift from the rest of the support.

We certainly do not hear the sectarian songs that will have been in evidence on Sunday in Glasgow.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Controversial I guess. Not sure how I feel about it but I assume there is studies and stuff to back it up.

No doubt hit's to the head is bad for you. I do wonder if it's the hits you get as a kid that's really the issue, and if it's not a good idea to learn how to head the ball correctly when you are young instead of when you are older and the impacts are much harder.

Wonder what the next step will be.

Scottish FA expected to ban children heading footballs within weeks

A ban on children heading the ball in Scotland could be in place in a matter of weeks due to fears over the links between football and dementia.

BBC Scotland has learned the Scottish FA wants to lead the way on the issue after a report found former players are more at risk of dying from the disease.

The governing body is expected to announce a ban on under-12s heading the ball in training later this month.

A similar ban has been in place in the US since 2015.

But Scotland would become the first European country to impose a restriction on head contact.

Discussions have been ongoing since the release of a study in October which found the first links between former players and degenerative brain disease.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-51129653

Â