Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Everyone knows he is still a lethal and could do it in this league.

I don't think everyone knows that at all. I don't think he could do it in this league.

He could probably do it in the Scottish Premiership though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I doubt that. I think his move up North is a better idea for him.

I honestly think he could in this league for sure. But I agree and I would do the same if I was in his position. It's the easier option of the two and the SPL has the potential of Champions League football next season or Europa league.

18 months is a long time when you are 36, it's hard to really know what Defoe is capable of nowadays. I think it's a massive risk.

You can have all the will in the world, all the poaching skills, all the fitness, all the professionalism, all the experience, all the "never relied on pace" (he has)...once your legs go it's over for you.

Rangers will never learn, signing big wage players, with short terms gains is what **** them over in the first place, and this isn't the signing that is going to bridge the gap

45 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

18 months is a long time when you are 36, it's hard to really know what Defoe is capable of nowadays. I think it's a massive risk.

You can have all the will in the world, all the poaching skills, all the fitness, all the professionalism, all the experience, all the "never relied on pace" (he has)...once your legs go it's over for you.

Rangers will never learn, signing big wage players, with short terms gains is what **** them over in the first place, and this isn't the signing that is going to bridge the gap

Signing young Steven Davis as well

On 04/01/2019 at 16:43, rodders0223 said:

Have Defoe's legs gone then?...

I doubt he will pass his medical if that's the case.

Providing his legs are still 'good' he will win Rangers that league with his goals.

On 06/12/2018 at 09:14, Villan4Life said:

Everyone wants sign him now

I've seen Hammill play loads of times in the past. Talented wide player but guessing he has attitude issues as he's been at Wolves, Huddersfield and Barnsley in recent years and not lasted long at any of them.

Just signed for Scunthorpe btw.

On 17/12/2018 at 14:09, newhavenhibby said:

With the money he has at his disposal compared to every other team in Scotland outwith Celtic the minimum has to be second at the end of the season ( anything worse and his coat is on a shoogly peg) ..........huns fans will expect no less. Big game v Celtic ........win and he buys more time , lose and the fans start to question especially if Killie keep up their good work considering their lack of money in comparison.

Obviously Rangers are a new club but their fans still want it to be as successful as the old Glasgow Rangers RIP  😉

All true but then Rangers haven't been even finishing 2nd in recent years (Aberdeen  have) and Celtic been finishing 20 points clear so think he's done really well to close the gap so quickly regardless of money. Rangers also lost to Luxembourg part timers in the europa league qualifiers last season which also shows their level then.

SPL is actually intetesting this season with Kille and Hearts both near the top. Main problem for me is these sort of clubs just don't do anything in europa anymore. We've had a couple of league of Ireland teams make europa league group stages in last 10 years so surely it's not impossible to do that?

And the National team....I know you have issues upfront and in central defence but when you see the seasons likes of Robertson, Armstrong, Snodgrass and Fraser are having in premier league surely there's no excuse for Scotland not making euro 2020?

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Have Defoe's legs gone then?...

I doubt he will pass his medical if that's the case.

Providing his legs are still 'good' he will win Rangers that league with his goals.

Only 18 months ago Defoe was starting and scoring for England. Surprised he didn't play more at Bournemouth as he looked in good shape at Sunderland.

He'll be fine up there. Kenny Miller is still scoring and he's 59 years old. Would imagine our Hibee fan has some opinions on him!:lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Only 18 months ago Defoe was starting and scoring for England. Surprised he didn't play more at Bournemouth as he looked in good shape at Sunderland.

He'll be fine up there. Kenny Miller is still scoring and he's 59 years old. Would imagine our Hibee fan has some opinions on him!:lol:

Lot of time for Kenny Miller .........born a hibee,  played superbly for us through his early career and was the first Rangers player into the Hibs dressing room to congratulate us when we had just beat them to lift the Scottish Cup in 2016.

When you watch him he still runs more during the game than most of his team mates who are up to 20 years his junior.

I'll say again, Gerrard has done well so far but no more than the huns fans will demand. Finishing second to Celtic by the bare minimum will be the worst he can do to keep them onside. The difference with the money is so important as the 2 uglies have strength in depth and so can cover for injuries and suspensions, the rest cannot.........Hearts were doing fine till injuries lost them the spine of the side for the last half of 2018 and so slipped down the table. They are just getting back now but have dropped to many points to be serious contenders . 

Of course you also have the uglies buying up the best of the rest so weakening their sides..........Sevco have just taken players from Dundee and Kilmarnock which will affect their run in to the season in 2019.

As for us we have very few players left ( sold, injured, terminated contracts etc etc ) and a bit like Villa need a good transfer window to turn our season around or it is going to be a struggle.

I'd take Defoe all day long if I were Rangers.  He's never really been anything more than an out and out finisher and I'd be willing to bet he's still capable of doing that for a season or two. A short term signing makes sense too, inexplicably there is a title race on this season as Rangers sit level on points with Celtic in January, say Defoe hits the ground running and chips in with a dozen goals between now and May it might be enough to take the title. Definitely worth a punt. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Just saw comments, some guy called Joe got the blame 

Did you see the game?

Joe Worrall. I mean, what on earth is he playing at?

He is dilly dallying on the ball!  Just clear the thing up field man? Instead the Killie lad closes him down and takes the ball off him and they go on to score. 1-1

As for the second goal for Killie, Rangers team just switched off and the opponent's capitalised again.

You cannot be doing this as a team if you are making a challenge for the title, especially against a team equally mounting a push themselves.

Â