Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

11 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

McGinn not good enough to get in that side? Mental. 

San Marino keeper did make a few good saves, but even then Scotland never really looked like creating much generally. 

Are you serious? Mcleish isn't playing mcginn. Unbelieavble 

10 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

When I was a kid like 20 years ago celtic and rangers seemed stronger too. Like lower prem standard. Now I think they'd be struggling for dear life in the championship 

Yes I agree. I think when rangers were relegated to the lowest tier that really harmed Scottish football as it became a monopoly for celtic. But that although celtic won the league countless times it harmed them as when they played a team half decent they would get battered. 

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

McTominay..really?

McGinn is 10 times the player he is

Ay, come on now. You canny have someone breaking the lines, tryna get into the box and pop a few shots off laddie.

McTominay might now be able to trap a bag of cement and moves like he's runnin' through treacle...but one thing he can do is stand on the same spot for 90 minutes and keep it tight.

18 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

When I was a kid like 20 years ago celtic and rangers seemed stronger too. Like lower prem standard. Now I think they'd be struggling for dear life in the championship 

I'm afraid money has taken a toll on the mighty .  The thing that people forget is that if they were in the Premier League in England or the Championship they would become a force to compete properly with the extra revenue they would get courtesy of those leagues, TV , satellite etc etc. They have a fantastic fan base and the grounds already.  The prize money also is a lot less with the winner of the SPL getting less in real terms than the relegated teams in the Premier League. Hence the reason they keep trying to get into the English Leagues who naturally enough do not want them whereas up here anyone who is not a fan of the uglies want them to f**k off.

When I first watched Hibs in the 70's we drew with the great Revie Leeds side and should have won and we beat Liverpool  in Europe. First game at Easter Road was against Juventus..............no way now can we afford to compete at this level now and the big differential for this has happened over the past 20 to 30 years.

I thought you would be pleased McGinn was on the bench........no chance of being injured and comes back raring to go for the Villa. 👍

• Like 1

Incidentally a return ticket stub for the uefa cup tie v Liverpool at Anfield in 1975 has just sold for £213.

The game eventually ended up a Liverpool win..............................Hibs won 1.0 up here at Easter Road with a 3.1 scoreline at Anfield. We missed a last minute penalty at Easter Road which would have given us a 2 goal cushion and of course in the modern game we would have progressed due to away goals. ( Not sure when that rule came in but would have been much later than 75)

Edited by newhavenhibby

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Someone put up the Simeon Jackson penalty miss for St Mirren....

Wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the person who scouted him for them currently....:lol:

Possibly worst Panenka ever

On another note I do love when a Panenka is missed 😁

• Haha 1

On 28/03/2019 at 09:49, VillaChris said:

Wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the person who scouted him for them currently....:lol:

• Haha 1

On 27/03/2019 at 22:49, VillaChris said:

Just my luck lol!! He's their top scorer but that's not saying much he  wouldn't have been a first choice in transfer window or summer just a suggestion when transfer window closed and new manager came in after Summer Transfer Window closed and could only bring in free agents! Himself and Hamill at time fitted the bill in early October 2018 :)

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Morelos is an absolute sewer rat...so is Brown, but I do love a bit of shithousery.
Has to be the dumbest footballer to ever play the game.

Scott brown is an absolute arsehole, a plastic hardman. He'd struggle in a championship side. 

• Like 1

Typical bigot fest that the media and authorities will be creaming themselves over up here.

Fans on pitch after Smeltic score, steward hurt

Morelos sent off having been set up by Brown

Usual sectarian singing

Kent should have been sent off after flooring Brown again after Smeltics second...............Brown should have received a second yellow and should have been off also.

Halliday ( Hibs  favourite sevco player 😀 ) should have gone after the whistle for the fighting at the end. ( Kent and Halliday I feel will get retrospective punishment???)

.............................and what will happen to the 2 clubs..............................nothing as usual as they are all that is important.

Lennon out of his area again....................will be interested to see what punishment he gets for that 🙄

Yet us and all other clubs in Scotland have to be grateful for what ever small scraps we can get off the big boys table and take our punishment from the SFA as required with the usual minimal copy from the media.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Scott brown is an absolute arsehole, a plastic hardman. He'd struggle in a championship side. 

Well past his best but clubs allow him to stroll around the park and wind up the opposition. He would struggle anywhere outside of Celtic now. His main job today was to wind sevco up which worked a treat.

7 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Well past his best but clubs allow him to stroll around the park and wind up the opposition. He would struggle anywhere outside of Celtic now. His main job today was to wind sevco up which worked a treat.

Is it true he does or used to wear kits a size too small for him cus he thought it made him look bigger to the opposition? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Just my luck lol!! He's their top scorer but that's not saying much he  wouldn't have been a first choice in transfer window or summer just a suggestion when transfer window closed and new manager came in after Summer Transfer Window closed and could only bring in free agents! Himself and Hamill at time fitted the bill in early October 2018 :)

How's Hammill done out of interest?

Saw lots of Simeon at Walsall. Striker who's had a good career scoring goals at all levels in England and he poached a few for Walsall but generally looked like a striker who was simply playing out his career now. Was also offside a ridiculous amount in games. Of course I realise St Mirren's budget means you can't just go after Aguero!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Very much one of those big fish in small pond players.

I think he knew even early on in his career he'd be found out in England so just decided to stay at Celtic and win a million trophies. Made little impact for them in europe and didn't lead Scotland to a major tournament.

• Like 1

Â