Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Did you see the game?

Joe Worrall. I mean, what on earth is he playing at?

He is dilly dallying on the ball!  Just clear the thing up field man? Instead the Killie lad closes him down and takes the ball off him and they go on to score. 1-1

As for the second goal for Killie, Rangers team just switched off and the opponent's capitalised again.

You cannot be doing this as a team if you are making a challenge for the title, especially against a team equally mounting a push themselves.

Maybe not change the whole formation and system and go two up top trying to accomodate a big name who was never needed, away to a relatively decent team?

So busy thinking about whether he can sign Defoe he didn't stop to think whether he should.

45 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Maybe not change the whole formation and system and go two up top trying to accomodate a big name who was never needed, away to a relatively decent team?

So busy thinking about whether he can sign Defoe he didn't stop to think whether he should.

That was a mistake on his behalf wasn't it.

If it's not broken don't fix it. Like you say, the excitement of accomodating his 2 new players was not the best of moves and they should have both sat on the bench that game and cameo roles then possibly handing them starts and debuts in their next home game imo.

On 04/01/2019 at 19:48, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Really hope Kilmarnock or Aberdeen win the league this season.

Same sentiments for all fans up here regardless of which team you follow............except if you support one of the two uglies.

Unfortunately with the money that these 2 clubs can generate it is very unlikely to happen in thge modern game😓

Since Hibs are going to finish nowhere this season and need to build a total team ( sound familiar 🤨),  it doesn't hurt to dream and wish Aberdeen and Killie all the best...........that goal by Jones the other night must have really hurt sevco and Gerrard😂

Edited by newhavenhibby

On 25/01/2019 at 12:16, newhavenhibby said:

Same sentiments for all fans up here regardless of which team you follow............except if you support one of the two uglies.

Unfortunately with the money that these 2 clubs can generate it is very unlikely to happen in thge modern game😓

Since Hibs are going to finish nowhere this season and need to build a total team ( sound familiar 🤨),  it doesn't hurt to dream and wish Aberdeen and Killie all the best...........that goal by Jones the other night must have really hurt sevco and Gerrard😂

Sevco will not be able to keep up their current spending unless some English team overpays for Morelos. £14m loss last season and their wage bill must really have spiralled this year. The Europa League money certainly won't cover it. They will gamble massively to stop Celtic doing 10 in row and it will backfire.

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Hibs being linked to Australian manager Graham Arnold. Don't know who I feel worse for, Hibs or Australia...

I see Gordon Strachan's name also being mentioned.  🤨

(You have to feel for Gary Parker who only arrived a couple of months ago.)

Edited by AvfcRigo82

On 28/01/2019 at 22:51, Hornso said:

Hibs being linked to Australian manager Graham Arnold. Don't know who I feel worse for, Hibs or Australia...

Hopefully that won't happen.

On 29/01/2019 at 00:17, AvfcRigo82 said:

I see Gordon Strachan's name also being mentioned.  🤨

(You have to feel for Gary Parker who only arrived a couple of months ago.)

We won't be able to afford him but more importantly most don't want him anyway............his record as a manager is not mind blowing.

Gary Parker arrived as part of the Neil Lennon package in 2016.

Sevco will always find a way to continue and I agree they must be overspending to try and stop Smeltic.......but have been doing so for a long time........its just more in the open now. 🤨😀

Edited by newhavenhibby

2 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

We won't be able to afford him but more importantly most don't want him anyway............his record as a manager is not mind blowing.

Gary Parker arrived as part of the Neil Lennon package in 2016.

Don't blame you re: Strachan. He is another one of yesterdays men of football managment.

I didn't realise Parker had been with you's as long as 2016 though.

Would be good to see one of or both Edinburgh teams run Rangers and Celtic to the wire next season.

Hearts where doing well but have dropped off a wee bit of late.

3 horse race this season if Killie can keep up the pace, hoping Gers will beat Celtic to the title though and stamp out Brenda's treble, treble.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Hearts have not a big enough squad quality to keep a challenge going. They lost the spine of their side and some are only just getting back now so momentum could not be maintained.

Killie will fall away and it will be left to the monied uglies, although Clarke has to be praised for getting Killie to where they are considering the lack of finance he has to work with.

They may get better results at home due to the artificial surface they play on.......a little like Livingston.

Hibs won't be challenging the uglies anytime soon .......the transfer window is about to close again and we haven't brought enough in with at least another 4 players needed.........however with all the uncertainty over Lennon and a new manager? it is hardly surprising players are not keen. Think our good spell after 2016 has now gone and we are heading back towards the doldrums again .....the Hibs way.

I blame Villa for taking John McGinn off us lol 🤣😎

Dallas is a joke of a ref........much like the rest of them up here.

Agree that at least 2 shouldn't have been given with a third being debatable.

Lot of murmurings from clubs and managers , especially, Clarke of Killie , that the SFA have got to crack down on the refs and get some consistency. 

6 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

Dallas is a joke of a ref........much like the rest of them up here.

Agree that at least 2 shouldn't have been given with a third being debatable.

Lot of murmurings from clubs and managers , especially, Clarke of Killie , that the SFA have got to crack down on the refs and get some consistency. 

I was going to mention that too re: officials.

Dallas and the other refs in the SPL are as consistent as the refs in the championship. - Utter shite!

I think Clarke is right in that it wouldn't be so bad if they were consistant. 

He mentioned a simple example in the last 10 minutes in the St Johnstone v Celtic game............. Forrest ? scores and goes up and embraces the Celtic fans and gets a booking. Few moments later Weah scores , does the same and doesn't get a booking!

From what I have seen the refs in the SPL are worse than in the English Championship but you obviously see more of them than me.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Celtic fans who have this holy reputation for some bizarre reason are really showing the true colours with Rodgers leaving.

They have became really bitter about it haven't they.

They should have a closer look at their board which for me is where the problem started as far back as the start of the season.

To outsiders it comes as no suprise he has left, what is suprising is that he left before completing an accolade which would have made him a bigger legend than MON.

The best bit is, Lennon got the same treatment of abuse when he left Celtic too.. yet, it's been suddenly forgotten now he's back in the dugout.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Celtic fans who have this holy reputation for some bizarre reason are really showing the true colours with Rodgers leaving. Them and Rangers are a stain on football

However, I strongly disagree with this part.

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

he's had his house burgled while he's away at leicester, his wife and 6 year old daughter were at home though

scumbags

Yep. A small minority of dicks have to take things to a different level.

Â