Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

I was seriously getting goosebumps when the craft landed and then that ending I shouted YES! so loud the neighbours were banging on the wall and Nivi came running into the living to see what was up.

I was daring to hope when it landed, just what we wanted to see elsewhere in the franchise. Lump in your throat at the end?

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

ok, so i watched the first two episodes and gave up because it was pretty rubbish.   Are you saying it gets a lot better and worth persevering with?

If you thought the first two episodes were 'pretty rubbish' then I don't think it will be your thing.

I think it's been superb from the start, with very few dips.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

ok, so i watched the first two episodes and gave up because it was pretty rubbish.   Are you saying it gets a lot better and worth persevering with?

Its alright, I had to be in the mood for the first series as I don't like the format, found it easier to binge watch 

2nd series has been better but it's still not fleshed out particularly well, the writing let's it down big time, some episodes are great some are boring, most have at least one or two great scenes though 

• Like 1

Good finale.

Not perfect. It's curiously... weightless? You can draw comparisons between the final sequence here and the final sequence of

Spoiler

Rogue One

and you can see where this misses the filmic quality - the film sequence is edge of your seat stuff, really powerful, and this is... not. And it piles on some proper bedtime fairy tale crap over the episode that is proper eye roll stuff.

But ****, it's one of the best things Star Wars has done. Sure for a lot of is existence now there's a very low bar, but it's good. It's really good.

Loved it. But how do you top that? Hope they've not peaked because this has been brilliant. Craps all over the prequels and sequel trilogies.

Looking forward to the other expanded universe shows.

On a side note, my boy and I watch it together and there aren't many TV shows that we both love. He's as excited about the future of this as I am.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I do wonder where the Din character does from here though.

Since the introduction of Bo-Katan, I've been assuming one of the overarching story intentions for the show is essentially Siege of Mandalore 2: Electric Beskarloo.  Fairly certain/hoping we'll get Sabine Wren at some point.

Â