Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

Hopefully the new Taika Waititi is just two hour of a couple of stormtroopers sat around talking shite, and shooting at and missing a tin can.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Hopefully the new Taika Waititi is just two hour of a couple of stormtroopers sat around talking shite, and shooting at and missing a tin can.  

Great series overall, but the finale directed by him was the best episode by far. A brilliant hour of TV. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I reckon he could have saved the solo film 

You'd have needed to scrap it and start over, nobody was saving that from being anything but 'ok'.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

You'd have needed to scrap it and start over, nobody was saving that from being anything but 'ok'.

Yeah thats what I mean, saved the very concept of that film by doing something completely different with it

I finally finished the Mandolorian the other day. It's a good series overall. Couple of lulls but generally well done and shows what you can do with the Star Wars universe if you allow yourself to bin off Jedi and all that that associated crap.

The final episode is just a really well done 3rd act from a Western. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I finally finished the Mandolorian the other day. It's a good series overall. Couple of lulls but generally well done and shows what you can do with the Star Wars universe if you allow yourself to bin off Jedi and all that that associated crap.

The final episode is just a really well done 3rd act from a Western. 

I think Taikai Waiti did the last episode. It’s also rumoured that Disney likes what he did and he’ll be doing one of the next trilogy movies 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think Taikai Waiti did the last episode. It’s also rumoured that Disney likes what he did and he’ll be doing one of the next trilogy movies 

Yeah, I heard something like that. Can't remember where though.  

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just rewatched TRoS as I've got nothing better I can be arsed to do at the moment.

**** hell it's bad.

It's pretty and all the technical stuff is great, but good grief the writing. It's utter, utter horseshit. The entire thing is seemingly 'plotted' in such a way as to prevent you thinking about what's going on, because it's all nonsense. I appreciate that the Last Jedi left them in a hole, but their solution is to look at the gaps in the narrative, slap a single bit of duct tape over them and quickly drag you past them on to the next pretty thing and hope you don't see the light shining past the tape.

It's **** diabolical.

I mean the prequels are famously badly written, but the only thing preventing this being worse than all of them is that the prequels also suffer from laughably bad acting and 'we'll fix it in post' style production where evening was green screen at a time when it wasn't quite there yet.

Whereas this is like Fabergé made an exquisite and delicately bejewelled dog turd.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Just rewatched TRoS as I've got nothing better I can be arsed to do at the moment.

**** hell it's bad.

It's pretty and all the technical stuff is great, but good grief the writing. It's utter, utter horseshit. The entire thing is seemingly 'plotted' in such a way as to prevent you thinking about what's going on, because it's all nonsense. I appreciate that the Last Jedi left them in a hole, but their solution is to look at the gaps in the narrative, slap a single bit of duct tape over them and quickly drag you past them on to the next pretty thing and hope you don't see the light shining past the tape.

It's **** diabolical.

I mean the prequels are famously badly written, but the only thing preventing this being worse than all of them is that the prequels also suffer from laughably bad acting and 'we'll fix it in post' style production where evening was green screen at a time when it wasn't quite there yet.

Whereas this is like Fabergé made an exquisite and delicately bejewelled dog turd.

I just remembered the endless hunting for 'wayfinders' to the a secret place that is also the biggest intergalactic shipyard in history 🙄

I was going to watch Rise of Skywalker later. Might not bother now and watch Rise of the Footsoldier 4 instead!

On 04/05/2020 at 14:46, villa4europe said:

If you take it for it is... A £250m make it up as you go along band aid that shits on the whole franchise let alone the previous 2 films...

Its a god awful film 

Yep. 

It's an awful awful film.

I don't even care about how it holds up to previous films. Just how it holds up to any other film ever. It's a 2/10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

**** hell it's bad.

It's **** diabolical.

I don't think anything about it was as bad as the massive plot hole in TLJ. But yeah overall I agree. Shite

34 minutes ago, Xela said:

I was going to watch Rise of Skywalker later. Might not bother now and watch Rise of the Footsoldier 4 instead!

Even Danny Dyer and Ray Winstone wouldn't be enough to save RotS

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I just remembered the endless hunting for 'wayfinders' to the a secret place that is also the biggest intergalactic shipyard in history 🙄

The threat just doesn't make sense. Which is saying something in a series that basically has an badly defined form of magic as a corner piece. 

The guy that famously got thrown down an exploding bottomless pit in an exploding space station, in space? He's not dead.

Not only is he not dead, he's on a super secret planet which is inherently evil because it's dark and there's lightning everywhere.

Not only is he not dead, the evil planet seemingly has an enormous fleet buried in it.  We don't discuss where the fleet came from.

Not only does this fleet exist, it also has an army of super elite troopers to man it, who had the time to give their armour a cool red paint job.

Not only...

On and on you can go.

• Like 1

Â