Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

You can go back to the original Death Star and its glaring weakness. As long as you can fire a shot into a vent, it will destroy the whole thing. Just put a blast resistant grill on it. Sorted. 

They’re two a credit at the Tashi Station

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

You can go back to the original Death Star and its glaring weakness. As long as you can fire a shot into a vent, it will destroy the whole thing. Just put a blast resistant grill on it. Sorted. 

Well Rogue One made a decent attempt at explaining that weakness. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well Rogue One made a decent attempt at explaining that weakness. 

Did it? I have seen Rogue One but none of the recent films stay long in the memory. 

Will have to refresh my understanding of it. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Did it? I have seen Rogue One but none of the recent films stay long in the memory. 

Will have to refresh my understanding of it. 

Memory is vague but it was something like Mads Mikkelsen’s character was helping to design/build the Death Star under duress.  He put the flaw there on purpose to punish the empire then hid it in the plans that the Rebels end up stealing[\spoiler]

• Like 1

On 21/11/2020 at 20:28, stuart_75 said:

This weeks episode could of been the best one yet. Wow.

I loved that the stormtroopers by the override switch without a safety railing were safe, but the one above them stood behind a safety railing managed to get blasted, fall over the railing and into the lava.

Started watching Season 2 yestersay and enjoying it. Always happy to see Timothy Olyphant getting work. Also I didn't recognise Michael Biehn instantly in the last episode. The cogs in my head were whirring but couldn't place him. Rosario Dawson was good in the last episode too. My biggest issue with the last episode is how Ahsoka Tano hasn't wiped out the evil garrison in the first place alone

On 29/11/2020 at 08:41, sne said:

Light sabers should be a pretty awful stealth weapon when fighting in the dark let's be honest. But seems to work anyway for some reason

Easy to smuggle into raves though.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2020 at 10:38, theunderstudy said:

Started watching Season 2 yestersay and enjoying it. Always happy to see Timothy Olyphant getting work. Also I didn't recognise Michael Biehn instantly in the last episode. The cogs in my head were whirring but couldn't place him. Rosario Dawson was good in the last episode too. My biggest issue with the last episode is how Ahsoka Tano hasn't wiped out the evil garrison in the first place alone

Yep agreed.

Bot knowing much lore, can anyone explain background of Ashoka and Thrawn?

On 02/12/2020 at 23:56, mikeyp102 said:

Yep agreed.

Bot knowing much lore, can anyone explain background of Ashoka and Thrawn?

real brief explanation from what I've seen / read

ashoka was anakin's padawan in the cartoon clone wars film, thrawn was a badass admiral for the empire in probably the best pre-disney era book trilogy by an author called timothy zahn or something like that from the late 90s (???) been a long time since i read them and he's a great character, the books are good

disney brought back both characters in the clone wars cartoons and rebels and whatever else they're now doing in canon but I've not seen any of that - i probably should seeing as they brought maul back too and i love him

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Personally I’d recommend both the Clone Wars and Rebels as worthy watches within the Star Wars canon.

yeah ive got disney plus probably until the end of the mandalorian so ive got to try and work my way through it in the next few weeks

• Like 1

I've only just realised (after 20 years) that Keira Knightly was Natalie Portman's decoy/double in the Phantom Menace. I just assumed Portman played both roles and CGI did the rest! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â