Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

I’m actually kinda annoyed how much of a major character Boba Fett has been retconned into. He was just a (not very effective) bounty hunter with some cool looking armour in the films but Mandalorian made him out as some kinda hero, and isn’t his dad the source clone of all the clone troopers or something?

I really think Mandalorian would have been better creating its own characters rather than leaning on existing ones - like it did in the first season. I like the Star Wars universe but I want to see some new stories.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I’m actually kinda annoyed how much of a major character Boba Fett has been retconned into. He was just a (not very effective) bounty hunter with some cool looking armour in the films but Mandalorian made him out as some kinda hero, and isn’t his dad the source clone of all the clone troopers or something?

I really think Mandalorian would have been better creating its own characters rather than leaning on existing ones - like it did in the first season. I like the Star Wars universe but I want to see some new stories.

I agree with everything you say. They should have left him alone. He was so lame in the Mandalorian, and his arrival was the exact point the quality of the show took a massive nosedive, climaxing in the rubbish undercooked, badly written cameo at the end of the season.

See also obi wan 

They have all this galaxy and time line to play with and yet they seemingly play it so safe 

Not a clue how they have these 6 or 7 TV shows and yet all of them are based around gaps between the films and they haven't gone old Republic yet 

• Like 2

Massive no to the last few posts. Yeah I want new characters and stories, but also hook nostalgia shit right up to my veins! Let me see Young Admiral Ackbar, The Book of Bossk, What Wedge Did Next, and The Ponda Baba Chronicles as soon as possible. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

Massive no to the last few posts. Yeah I want new characters and stories, but also hook nostalgia shit right up to my veins! Let me see Young Admiral Ackbar, The Book of Bossk, What Wedge Did Next, and The Ponda Baba Chronicles as soon as possible. 

Grew up with it and feel the same as yourself. I go in wanting to like it and so far Mando has been great and Ive liked Boba and Fennec in that too.

High hopes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

They ruined Boba by shoehorning him into with clone storyline. He was a cool ass Bounty Hunter before that. Plus I don’t like Temuera Morrison either.

Agree with the clone bit, 2 was a low point. TM I like a lot, unless you really really don't like him, I'd recommend Once Were Warriors 1994, great film.

12 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for having that stuff too. The problem is that they want to awkwardly shoehorn the old characters into the new stuff too. Just keep them separate.

It was cool to have a series that didn’t feature Jedi everywhere, and one AT-ST or TIE Fighter is a major problem. But then they go and add Luke and Boba etc and it ends up feeling exactly like all the other Star Wars stuff.

• Like 2

Just now, Panto_Villan said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for having that stuff too. The problem is that they want to awkwardly shoehorn the old characters into the new stuff too. Just keep them separate.

It was cool to have a series that didn’t feature Jedi everywhere, and one AT-ST or TIE Fighter is a major problem. But then they go and add Luke and Boba etc and it ends up feeling exactly like all the other Star Wars stuff.

Fair enough, but it honestly hasn't bothered me in the slightest. Luke appearing at the end of Mando was one of the greatest moments in TV history for me. 

• Like 4

Loved Star Wars growing up, huge part of my childhood in the 80's.

Don't really have any interest in these spin offs, extended universe and origin stories. I liked Rogue One and thought Force Awakens was fine as a homage (copy) to A new Hope. The rest has been meh at best. I've had no interest in any of the animated stuff over the years and while The Mandalorian is visually and sonically nice I think the story is forgettable to boring.

It all feels like fanfic to me but no doubt there is a market for it out there so good for them. For me less is more so just like I don't want a biannual WC I can do without Star Wars stuff every year.

Rather watch the original 3 movies again than most of the new stuff. The weekly releases rather than releasing the whole series at once also doesn't help for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just watched Boba Fett ep1, bang average.

😢 

I didn’t mind it and accepted it as setting the scene opening. 

I imagine it’ll progress nicely as it goes along, however I’m gutted it’s not all released today… 

• Like 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

I didn’t mind it and accepted it as setting the scene opening. 

I imagine it’ll progress nicely as it goes along, however I’m gutted it’s not all released today… 

It wasn't bad, just a little underwhelmed I guess, I would happily of carried on if they had have upped the lot all at once.

I did like the Tuskens and I do have a soft spot for Fennec, I like the way she moves.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Absolutely this.  It’s Star Wars, I want nostalgia and fan service and to further explore the characters from that small window of those three movies I grew up loving.  I’m all for new characters but if I want blank templates I’ll watch something else.

30+ years I’ve waited to watch that guy climb out of the bloody pit!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

They ruined Boba by shoehorning him into with clone storyline. He was a cool ass Bounty Hunter before that. Plus I don’t like Temuera Morrison either.

But yeah agree with the first part of that. That was car crash Lucas at his finest during the prequels. 

7 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Yep with you on that!

Spoiler

So relieved to notice Max Rebo survived the sail barge crash and found himself another gig. Didn’t see Droopy McCool or Sy Snootles though - RIP 😭

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Absolutely this.  It’s Star Wars, I want nostalgia and fan service and to further explore the characters from that small window of those three movies I grew up loving.  I’m all for new characters but if I want blank templates I’ll watch something else.

30+ years I’ve waited to watch that guy climb out of the bloody pit!

I don't personally

I want rogue one and star wars old Republic game trailers, they're still the best thing they've done in nearly 40 years 

Don't mind tie ins and winks and nods but the setting is so big they can be braver than obi wan and boba fett 

• Like 2

Â