Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

It genuinely feels like I'm playing the Witcher with all the side quests but I'm okay with it. The monster designs are all ace and the series is super fun. Seeing *redacted* in his armour again is great. 

Spoiler

When the Child was in the force field I don't know why Mando was so worried, the kid is literally protected from threats. Just stay up there and guard him like a video game where there's enemies spawning constantly and running at you. Also **** yeah Dark Troopers!

5 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Reckon I’m in the right place to ask this.. 

Went down a YouTube rabbit hole a few months ago (while drinking) and watched a video saying a senior female at Disney had basically broken the franchise (I’d agree the last trilogy was awful), but that she’d been hoofed and they were thinking about rewinding & exploring an alternative branched timeline. 

Not a very detailed explanation I know, but does anyone know if that’s true, and is this new series something to do with that? 

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

Reckon I’m in the right place to ask this.. 

Went down a YouTube rabbit hole a few months ago (while drinking) and watched a video saying a senior female at Disney had basically broken the franchise (I’d agree the last trilogy was awful), but that she’d been hoofed and they were thinking about rewinding & exploring an alternative branched timeline. 

Not a very detailed explanation I know, but does anyone know if that’s true, and is this new series something to do with that? 

I don’t know of any senior female exec being fired, Kathleen Kennedy is still the president of Lucasfilm and she was the one copping a lot of the flak around the latest films? 

The story you’re talking about regarding an alternative timeline was just some made up internet rumour, I remember reading something  about it a few months ago and it was a bit bonkers to be honest. 

The Obi-Wan show has been planned for quite a while (not sure, but I think it was going to be a movie at some point), it’s not a re-set or anything like that. 

I’m quite surprised about Hayden Christensen coming back as Vader, I’d previously read a rumour that Darth Maul was going to be a major character in it. 

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

I don’t know of any senior female exec being fired, Kathleen Kennedy is still the president of Lucasfilm and she was the one copping a lot of the flak around the latest films? 

The story you’re talking about regarding an alternative timeline was just some made up internet rumour, I remember reading something  about it a few months ago and it was a bit bonkers to be honest. 

The Obi-Wan show has been planned for quite a while (not sure, but I think it was going to be a movie at some point), it’s not a re-set or anything like that. 

I’m quite surprised about Hayden Christensen coming back as Vader, I’d previously read a rumour that Darth Maul was going to be a major character in it. 

Kathleen Kennedy, yes, thank you. Heard she’d lost control of the franchise for doing such a bad job, but that was on the same vid as the branching rumour so clearly wrong. 

I’d been avoiding the Mandalorian until I got my oldest boy through the feature films - now done. Planning to binge watch the lot with him over Christmas and sounds like that’s worth doing! 

• Like 1

lando getting his own TV show on disney+

so is ashoka, and the guy from narcos rogue 1 character (luna??)

and theres going to be a rogue 1 film

based on how long its taken them to put the marvel stuff on disney+ im not sure when any of its coming, looks like they still have a big fresh content problem at disney, all that universe to explore and they're doing a lando tv show and an obi wan film...its got a touch of Solo about it to me

6 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Hayden Christensen, oh dear me. Human form of Jar-Jar Binks. Please re-cast the Vader role 🙏

As long as we get Shattered Glass Hayden instead of AOTC Hayden we'll be fine 😀

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Hayden Christensen, oh dear me. Human form of Jar-Jar Binks. Please re-cast the Vader role 🙏

Shame, have to disagree with you here. Thought he was excellent in ROTS (Not so much AOTC). Absoluteley buzzed they're bringing him back for this.

• Confused 1

On 10/12/2020 at 23:56, wazzap24 said:

Apparently Kennedy still has a contract but they want shot of her as not happy with the success of the last trilogy. 

The rumour about the trilogy being wiped out apparently is supported by The Ahsoka Series, people seem to think something called Veil of The Force, apparently the symbol of that is within the Ahsoka logo

This week's episode of Mandolarian was great. Sure it was basically filler, but it was a really good bit of filler. And perhaps made the fact it's obviously a Western in the same way the original films were inspired by samurai stories - that episode may as well have been a classic wagon train or train heist chase in an old cowboy movie. They even chucked in the classic nitroglycerin threat.

And then they throw in a very Tarantino scene which is brilliantly tense (in no small part due to Richard Brake, who plays sinister ludicrously well, and was the best Night King) which serves 2 purposes. It is the final redemption of Mayfield, and after they've given you a moment where you actually rooted for the Empire, you're reminded that these bastards are evil. 

And they finish it off with the only good thing to come from AotC.

Great.

This is certainly the best thing Disney has done with the franchise, and is arguably the best thing in the franchise since 1980. I don't care about Star Wars but I actually want to see more of this. It ain't perfect, it still can't leave the bloody Jedi and Force alone, but it's smart enough to treat that as occasional window dressing crossed with a MacGuffin.

• Like 1

Â