Joe Cole

TrentVilla

One-year deal according to Sky which makes it a whole lot better.

Not sure why we'd be overly concerned about the length of his contract. If the new owner can't accommodate a year of paying Joe Cole's reduced wages then we've gone from the frying pan and straight into the fire.

You're speaking as if we definitely will have a new owner.

We will probably try lure heskey back next

The next piresi in my view

Pires was about 36 when we got him, wasn't he? (that post wasn't worth liking yourself Dem!)

One-year deal according to Sky which makes it a whole lot better.

Not sure why we'd be overly concerned about the length of his contract. If the new owner can't accommodate a year of paying Joe Cole's reduced wages then we've gone from the frying pan and straight into the fire.

You're speaking as if we definitely will have a new owner.

If we don't have one in a year's time then Joe Cole's contract is the least of our worries.

Edited by StanBalaban

Serious question. Would people prefer we signed a 32-year-old Joe Cole on a free, or another Tonev for a million? At least we know what we're getting, for once!

• Like 2

Got to say, whilst I'm surprised by this potential signing, it's what we need as well. Guile, experience and if he stays fit, someone the youngsters can learn from.

• Like 1

Serious question. Would people prefer we signed a 32-year-old Joe Cole on a free, or another Tonev for a million? At least we know what we're getting, for once!

Exactly. We've signed all the Tonev's I can stomach for the time being.

I think the negative reaction is born of the sudden realisation of our plight. This is as good as it gets for us, for now.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Odd one. Not sure he's still got it in him to be honest.

Cracking player in his day and Jose turned him into a proper team player, but he's fallen pretty hard and fast since then.

If he's got the hunger and can stay fit, then maybe he could surprise. I hope so because he's definitely the type of player we have been in dire need of.

Wouldn't have predicted this to be honest, but I can't really see a down side. We should have signed him 3 years ago, but other than that very minimal outlay because of reduced wages (in football terms) and if he plays well and teaches the youngsters a bit all to the good, if not he's gone in a year and we can sign someone better with the new owners money (fingers crossed!).

I'd be surprised if he started more than 15 games and even if he can stay injury free and fit and i'm not even sure what he can offer at the highest level any more. Sorry to be negative, but I just don't really understand the signing considering how precious money for wages is at the moment. Let's hope he's hungry and not just here to fade out his career. 

Playing in behind the strikers could work for him, and us.

I agree with this, but it also concerns me.

It's his best position by far IMO, but he's shown no kind of form for a few seasons now. By all accounts he did ok in France, but I don't think he was lighting it up over there, in a much slower, inferior league and He struggled at west ham last season.

We need a number 10 who can influence a game on regular basis. Someone who can link the midfield/forward line and play passes with a bit of vision.

He's undoubtably got the talent to be that , but it's going to be hard to recapture the form after when it's been missing for a while.

A year is'nt so bad. If we can stay up, it will be interesting to see how we fare with that 'mythical' No10 we've been crying out for.

Only if the No. 10 in question is any good at this level and it is debatable as to whether Cole still is.

Â