Joe Cole

TrentVilla

As I've said in the speculation thread. Like Holt, if he can chip in with 10-20 appearances, get a few assists/goals and be an experienced head on the pitch and the training ground, then he will have done his job. We're obviously not in a position to get the Holtbys/Lescotts/Remys of this world, at the moment.

One extra win and a draw would've seen Norwich stay up last season. The margins are that fine.

If we're as doooooomed as many are saying on here, then someone that could potentially have the same impact as Robbie Keane did under AM would surely be welcome and money well spent.

An experienced player in the ranks. Isn't thia what we've been crying for? Plus a natural number ten, cost us sod all amd it's obvious that the new tv money means wagea arent so much an issue as transfer costs.

Just wrap him in cotton wool.

It also says to me an agenda to get bigger egos in the dressing room. The big frustration is how nice we are. Lambert is certainly bringing in people who will 'rally'. Which to me is more important than we think

• Like 2

One-year deal according to Sky which makes it a whole lot better.

Not sure why we'd be overly concerned about the length of his contract. If the new owner can't accommodate a year of paying Joe Cole's reduced wages then we've gone from the frying pan and straight into the fire.

• Like 3

As someone said, let's just play him in home games, where we struggle to break teams down. That could be a decent way of trying to keep him relatively injury-free, whilst also meaning that players like Weimann and Grealish can get a bit of game-time in the away games, when the pressure is off.

CB and AM are the positions that we desperately needed quality in. We've signed Senderos and Cole. I'm sorry but it's depressing.

He wasn't good enough for West Ham last year, who are a poor side, and where he is a fan favourite. So how are people expecting him to be good enough for us?

CB and AM are the positions that we desperately needed quality in. We've signed Senderos and Cole. I'm sorry but it's depressing.

He wasn't good enough for West Ham last year, who are a poor side, and where he is a fan favourite. So how are people expecting him to be good enough for us?

I don't think many are expecting - but a lot of us are hoping....

When do we sign Taribo West?

Always liked Cole as a footballer - let's hope injuries permit him enough game time to show that he still has talent. Is he expecting/due to get big dollar?

That's if he passes the medical.

Edited by snowychap

I think there is a slight need to factor in Big Sam wanting to play a direct game, but had a playmaker his squad.

We were / are crying out for a playmaker so we can get away from playing a direct game IMO.

I he contributes even a single point that helps keep us up, then it's money well spent. Course he won't play a full season, but will be a welcome string to our bow when it comes to breaking teams down.

Our bow now has two strings.

Â