Joe Cole

TrentVilla

He only made 13 starts for West Ham last season

Jenas MK 2

That is my worry too, but who knows. Much better footballer than Jenas that is for sure, but I'd be pissed if he gets injured in pre-season or something daft. Was he injured for West Ham last year at all?

We need to work hard to keep him fit. If we can do that, I've no doubt he's the answer.

You're funny Dave :)

We can't even keep our current squad fit, why would we manage it with this guy?

• Like 1

Since he's left Chelski, he's scored 19 goals and made 8 assists in 125 appearances. 9 of those goals, and 3 of those assists, came in his spell with Lille.

I was going to say, he did well with Lille. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVbiFxl1IKo

My concerns are how ambitious is he, how much are we paying him and obviously his injury record is bad.

If we do sign him and keep him fit and he buys into the Villa project then he could prove to be a decent singing.

There is no doubting his quality so maybe worth a gamble if there isn't a better option out there.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

I don't get why some people are so gullible.  There's a rumor, probably started on some bullshit twitter feed and a few pick it up and pass it on, next thing you know it's gospel truth and it's completely made up crap.  All we know for sure is that the club official site says nothing at all about Joe Cole (or any other new signing after Sendross)  the rest is just baseless hope.  Unless Kwan confirms it of course..... oh, wait, sorry, thought I was in the takeover thread!   ;)  maybe

At least we're trying to bolster our ranks with some experienced players. People complain about lack of depth, no signings, lack of experience. But then when we DO sign players to address those needs, they are considered bad signings...ergh

I don't get why some people are so gullible. There's a rumor, probably started on some bullshit twitter feed and a few pick it up and pass it on, next thing you know it's gospel truth and it's completely made up crap. All we know for sure is that the club official site says nothing at all about Joe Cole (or any other new signing after Sendross) the rest is just baseless hope. Unless Kwan confirms it of course..... oh, wait, sorry, thought I was in the takeover thread! ;) maybe

#TeamOptimistic

As signing (if it happens) very much in the mould I was expecting.

I think we're in a reversal of our previous situation, where the on-going concern (i.e. wages) are soon to be someone else's problem, but the 'upfront'* transfer fees are still very much Lerner's problem and, as thus, will not be sanctioned.

*I know transfers are not often paid in one go, but you get the point.

• Like 1

As signing (if it happens) very much in the mould I was expecting.

I think we're in a reversal of our previous situation, where the on-going concern (i.e. wages) are soon to be someone else's problem, but the 'upfront'* transfer fees are still very much Lerner's problem and, as thus, will not be sanctioned.

*I know transfers are not often paid in one go, but you get the point.

Yep, that is exactly what I thought a few weeks ago. Lerner surely expects he won't be here for much longer, meaning whatever free transfers Lambert wants he can pretty much have to a certain degree.

He won't pay any transfer fees though, of course not and to a degree you can kinda see why. However, if he doesn't get a buyer and we go down, he'll be screwed.

Big risk for him to be honest, he must be confident of a sale.

• Like 1

If it's true I'm impressed. Signed 2 players who are upgrades on what we have and spent nothing.

My only worry is what formation he is going to play.

We need singers to get the best out of kozak and benteke

Â